Monday, January 22, 2024

Blogging isn't very popular any more

When I started blogging, I could find many interesting blogs to follow.  I have my favorite blogs showing on the right-hand side of this page, but a lot of them have gotten tired of it, I suppose.  Or maybe, like me, they've said all they have to say.  Some of those who are still going seem not to be doing new entries as often.  As long as I don't totally lose my mind, I will always use my blog, because it makes it so easy for me to do a search and find when something happened that I've written about, or a recipe I've shared here.  I have told some stories on here more than once, too.  I understand how people can get tired of blogging, but I do miss having the number of them I used to read each day.  

Well, on another subject, looks like we are going to have Trump at the top again, which I've been telling people since the last time he was president.  The only positive thing about that as far as I am concerned is that he won't be able to run any more after this.  That's IF we make it through the next five years.  I won't be voting.  I don't let him bother me the way he did the first time, with the name-calling and such.  I'm sure my wintertime  Escitalopram helps, but I also don't pay much attention to what's going on with any politicians these days, since it's obvious I can't do anything about them.  I often remind myself that all I need from day to day is to be thankful for what I have.  

The one place where I find peace is at my home, and as luck would have it, that's usually where you'll find me.

That's about all I have for today... and I won't be talking about politics again.  I had my say right here, and that's enough.     

14 comments:

  1. Whenever I feel that my actively blogging list is getting low, I go to those blogs that I enjoy reading and start seeing whom they list as blogs they read. I have picked up a good number of blogs that way over the years.

    I guess I haven't written off the Republican nomination just yet to Trump. I can't think of another single time in half a century that it has been reduced to just two candidates after a single caucus/primary. So I'm hoping that perhaps Haley can/will shake things up a bit. I'm not betting on that outcome though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so strange that two old codgers are all we have to vote for, but I've gotten used to it now just wish they'd both kick the bucket so we could go a different way.

      Delete
  2. I no longer have a party either, because the parties aren't what they used to be. This is my blog, and I tell a lot of things about myself that others would not talk about. It's the only place on the Internet I can be myself. I told my readers what I thought of the opponents four years ago and not one said anything negative about it. Many of them agreed with me, and those who didn't agree just kept their feelings to themselves. If they want to talk about it, they can use their own blog and I won't say anything against their opinions (unless I agree). That's the trouble with this world: Nobody can agree to disagree on anything. It's just "my way or the highway" any more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also refer to my blog when I need to remember when an event happened.

    On the political front, please don't NOT vote. Even if you think you're not making a difference, going to the polling place (or filling out an absentee ballot) it is important to express your opinion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's the problem: I don't HAVE an opinion. Until they come up with someone fit to vote for, I won't be voting. I voted last time because of what you are saying. I won't do it again.

      Delete
  4. I also go to people's blogs and check out what they read to find interesting new places to visit. I will most definitely vote this year and hope it makes a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  5. if "he" wins again he'll fix things so that he can continue after 4 years or that he can run again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He likely would. He'll try anything.

      Delete
  6. Anonymous8:11 PM

    This is Margie from Margie's Musings. About politics...As far as I am concerned, there are no viable candidates running. I voted last time and lived to regret it. Trump lost me when he told that reporter that he could take any woman he wanted into his RV and do whatever he wanted to do with her.

    Then I read Bob Woodward's book "Peril" and that settled it for good for me. I have a great deal of respect for Woodward as a reporter and an author and he worked with Trump on it to get his viewpoint on the Trump presidency.. After reading that and following the Trump presidency during his administration, I wouldn't vote for Trump for a dog catcher. and I am a lifetime Republican. I never vote the ticket. I do my own research on the candidates and then decided what I will do. But I always vote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to be Republican too. The party has changed.

      Delete
  7. Anonymous8:13 PM

    I always vote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous8:18 PM

      I have decided to vote for Nikki Haley. This is Margie from Margie's Musings again.

      Delete
    2. I would vote for her also. I'd vote for almost anyone except the two old men they are trying to force down my throat.

      Delete
  8. I hear you on the diminishing blog posts...I still write whenever I feel like I have something to share, as I always have. Some bloggers felt they had to write to some sort of schedule, and I think that may have diminished their enjoyment of "just writing." Also, many of my favorite bloggers have died over these 17 years I've been writing. I miss them, but I keep finding some new ones and seeing what others write about keeps it interesting. Like you, I'll keep writing as long as I can.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!