Tuesday, January 04, 2022

Pushing and crawling through winter

My journey through winter really is a slow journey.  Thank goodness I have a pill for depression that works.  It doesn't get rid of winter any faster, though.  I'm not really wishing my time away.   Every day goes fast enough for me, it's just the winter season that seems to drag when I look at it as a whole; obviously, I need to remind myself to take one day at a time, because a day zooms by.  It's just the season that drags if I think about it.  

We had two nights of single-digit temperatures and below zero wind chills.  Then last night the low was 32°; now it's 47°,and sunny, but it isn't so pleasant outside because of the relentless wind.  Gabe and I finally went for a walk this morning, but the thirty-mile-an-hour southern wind kept it from being enjoyable.  Still, it does me good to get out of the house, especially after being housebound for three days, and it's good for Gabe.  

I didn't go to either church Sunday because the roads were slick, due to some freezing rain followed by light snow.  The Methodist Church was closed, but as far as I know, the Baptist Church met together.

We have decided to buy our leased car.  Our bank gave us a great rate on a loan, well under 3%.  However, dealing with Honda Financial is another story.  If you want to talk to a real person, you have to wait for a couple of hours listening to nerve-wracking, ugly music, waiting your turn.  When a man finally answered I told  him that the bank needed proof that this car exists so we can buy it, so he turned me over to some woman on another line; I told her what the bank needed and she said, "Oh, we can't do that!"  All last week I kept digging around on the Internet for different phone numbers to call at Honda Financial.  

I've learned during this experience that the wait isn't as long if I call in the morning.  However, the number I called today may have worked without sitting in line.  First I had to click "1" for this and "2" for that and click "3" for another, etc, and went through that rigamarole a few times.  When it seemed I would never get to a real person I finally just started hitting the "zero" key repeatedly, and that got me a genuine person!  This lady said she would send the needed proof to our bank.  I've had so much trouble getting any help with Honda Financial, it's hard for me to trust them, but I thanked her and that was that.  We shall see.  I learned early on that the dealer wasn't about to help us out with anything.

Gabe had to go to the vet for vaccinations yesterday.  It made him really feel awful for about six hours, trembling and hiding in his crate to be left alone.  By 4:30, his suppertime, he seemed pretty well back to his regular self.  I looked online to see if it's normal for them to feel bad after vaccinations, and it is, especially in small dogs.  

I have a hangnail on the middle finger of my left hand; I rubbed some triple antibiotic salve on it and put a bandaid on to keep the salve in place.  Now I'm having a hard time typing because of the way I put the bandaid on; so I'd better stop while I'm ahead.

Peace.

8 comments:

  1. I have dealt with so many medical entities on my mom's behalf that I am very disillusioned on the efficiency and work ethic of many employees. It is SO frustrating to stay on hold for that long and then not be helped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about all the hassle. I did a 2.5 hold recently and I think I am now 10% dumber. It is a real intelligence robber. Never had a dog get sick from a vaccine and hope he is fine soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, the vet asked if Gabe had ever gotten sick after getting vaccines, and I told him I didn't remember that ever happening. He was going to give me something to help him, a pain pill or something. He wasn't awfully sick for long, so he didn't suffer too much.

      Delete
  3. Our area has had one solid week of winter cold weather, and I'm ready for it to leave!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, but of course we're practically neighbors... just on different sides of the state.

      Delete
  4. Anytime I have to deal with online phone menus, I tremble just like Gabe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too..it's so uneccesary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sigh... We don't have actual winters here in Hawaii, but I'm rather tired of being stuck at home for 2 years. Double sigh...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!