Friday, January 28, 2022

This and that

Our temperatures are still going crazy:  Next Wednesday it'll be 56°, then a couple days later it's supposed to get down to single digits again.  In times like these, I've often heard people say, "No wonder everybody is getting sick!"

For myself, I do get more aches and pains with weather changes.  But as for contacting colds and flu, I find nothing about the weather affecting my health.  You can catch a virus in any kind of weather, and the virus will make you sick.  When I was walking three miles every day years back, I never let the cold stop me:  I wore insulated Carhartt coveralls and stocking caps and walked in zero weather, unless there was a high wind.  That wind chill can freeze a person!

I had the strangest thing happen to my MacBook the other day:  There was an update ready to install, so of course I allowed it.  When it was finally done, all the saved passwords on Google Chrome had disappeared.  Thankfully, they were all still in place on Safari.  I like Safari, but for some reason there are some vital websites that it refuses to take me to.  So I usually use Chrome.  Anyway, I got through the crisis, and I'm done complaining.

Oh, here's a wonderful thing I discovered yesterday.  If you have a library card, there's a streaming app called Kanopy.  It's free with your library card, and there are thousands of movies and shows there... no commercials!  Cliff and I saw they had the movie "All of Me", so we watched it even though we'd seen in before.  There are independent movies and French movies, languages of all kinds.  We watched one this morning that was in set in Iceland, and we had to read captions to know what they were saying.  

That's it for today.  Have a great weekend.  I intend to.

5 comments:

  1. Must check out Kanopy. That's an interesting app! Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  2. That app sounds very interesting. I don't watch too many French movies these days; I used to do so a lot when I was still teaching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should seek out more benefit from my library card... like online books & things. I just don't, for whatever reason. Thank you for the nudge, Donna. ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You open my mind to new possibilities. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I gave up trusting Apple or Google to keep care of my passwords. I use an independent password manager so they can play their games and I can still access and control the stuff I need too.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!