Thursday, February 03, 2022

Adventures

Two or three months ago I checked Southwest Airlines' "Wanna get away" prices to Atlanta and found out Cliff and I could fly together to Atlanta for $300, round trip.  I told Cliff about it and asked him if he was ready to fly again; for that price, he said yes.  The downside of these cheap fares is that they are usually scheduled for the times when nobody is eager to visit a certain place.  I checked with our son to make sure the time would work for him, then booked the flight for the last weekend in January.  

Georgia is usually warmer than Missouri, but it turned out on that particular weekend, their temperatures turned out to be colder that we were experiencing here at home.  That wasn't a big deal, since about the only thing we do there is sit around and visit (and eat).  Jim, our son, would like for us to visit sometime when their back-yard pool is available.  However, judging by prices I've found so far, that isn't going to happen.

We had no problems on our flights either way, although Cliff was a nervous wreck in the airports.  The flights between Kansas City and Atlanta last less than two hours; on the way home, my husband slept most of the way.  Our granddaughter, Lyndsey, spent plenty of time at her parents' house with us, so we could become reacquainted with our great-granddaughter, Maelynn (May).  Her antics made us smile a lot.  

Sunday afternoon we watched the Chiefs' game, and that's all I'll say about that, except to say they are still my Chiefs!  

Cliff with May

We wandered around the yard for awhile Saturday, but as you can tell, it was cold.

Maylynn, standing on her grandpa's work-truck

I hate when all the faces are in the shadows.  

May had a hard time standing on the bed of the truck because Jim had sprayed the wrecker truckbed with WD-40 to make it slick enough to pull cars up onto it even if they aren't equipped with tires.

May asked to take my picture, so I handed her the camera.  That's her finger you see in the upper left-hand corner.

Jim's work truck

On our other trip to Georgia, I got a picture of Cliff with May, but no picture of her with me.  This time I remembered.

Monday morning we went home; Tuesday I woke up with a terribly sore throat; the next morning, Cliff had a sore throat too.  Now our throats are better but we are coughing.  Neither of us has a fever.  However, we went and got tested for Covid on Tuesday.  Wednesday Cliff slept on the couch all day, although sleeping a lot isn't unusual for him during winter.  We didn't take the quick test because I read a reliable article saying that one isn't as accurate.  There was quite a waiting line behind us at CVS, so it will likely be another day  or so before we get our results.  If we test positive, then our covid shots are working, because neither of us are really sick, we just have cold symptoms (and Cliff's headache).  If we are negative... the covid shots and masking protected us completely.  We shall see.

Either way, looks like we won't die today.   

After traveling twice in 16 months on airplanes, I told Cliff, "Hey, we are part of the 'Jet Set' now!"  (Check out that crazy hair on George, and the big wig on Tammy.)


11 comments:

  1. It sounds like a wonderful trip. Fingers crossed that your tests come back negative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you folks got the chance to get away, Donna, and do some visiting with family. Memories keep us warm during this awful weather, don't they. ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had good flights and a good time, even if you came back with Covid. At least now you will be immune until the next variant takes over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely trip and only 2 hours of flight time! I don't blame Cliff on the airports; they stress me out too. It does sound like Covid although a mild case. Thank you, vaccines!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you went. If it’s Covid you will be even more protected. Just like getting another booster. Weather icky in Arkansas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are the same symptoms my younger son had when he got the Covid in October. He had been fully vaccinated too but his case was over within a week and the symptoms were mild.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you trip was so pleasant--cept for the cold weather--and really hope your tests come back negative. Let us know.
    Sorry about your Chiefs but they certainly gave you a great season.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’m so glad you and Cliff got to go see your son, Jim and all the family! I was disappointed the Chiefs didn’t win, but they are still my favorite team.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both my husband and I are vaccinated and 2 weeks ago tested positive. The husband had a mild case - not me. I’m still sick. I can’t imagine how it would have been without the vaccine. I hope you don’t have it. I’ve never been so sick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I'm just tired all the time and coughing like crazy.

      Delete
  10. You can't beat that price to be able to go visit with your son and family. Your little great granddaughter is so cute. Grandkids are so wonderful
    Sounds like Covid and then you would have that immunity too.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!