Sunday, February 20, 2022

Sunday Stealing

1) What one event from your lifetime would you change if you could, and why?  None, because everything that happened in my past brought me to the place I am now; I wouldn't change the way I got to where I am here, in this last chapter of my life.

2) If you could give one piece of advice to your younger self, what would it be and how old would your younger self be when they got it?  
Be kinder to your mother; around fourteen or fifteen.  Do you think your younger self would listen? I doubt it.

3) If you could have a conversation with the historical figure of your choosing, whom would you pick and why?  
Jesus.  I have SO many questions.                                                             

What would you talk about?  I just want answers to my questions!  Like, I don't think I'd enjoy mansions on streets of gold; could I just have a cabin in the woods by a body of water instead?  


4) What's a safety rule that's very important to you?  These days, I'd say wearing a mask when I go shopping or to a doctor's office.

5) What would you like to say to people in the future?  You're doomed; all earth's resources are being used up, people can't get along, wars and rumors of wars are all around us.

Fire and Ice 

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I’ve tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.

6) What's your favorite dish to bring to a summer cookout?  Old Settler's Beans; people actually request them.  Also corn, if I have any corn from my garden in the freezer.

7) How much time have you spent outdoors this week?  Perhaps four hours, if you count my trips to the mailbox.  We've had a cold, snowy three or four days.

8) Where do you set your thermostat?  69 in winter, 76 in summer.

9) How did you learn to swim?  I never learned.

10) How do you avoid overheating?  I don't go out in the sun too long if the temperature is above 90.

11). What are you going to do this weekend?  Today I'll go to church.  That's about it!

12) What’s your favorite way to spend time?  When the weather is nice, I like to piddle around in the garden.  I enjoy a walk through the woods, too.  Confined to the house, I read, surf the Internet, cook, spend a half-hour on the recumbent bike, and sometimes watch television.

13) What’s the most useless thing you own that you would never get rid of?  Things that belonged to my grandmother, and letters and writings of my mother.  

14) Have you started planning your next vacation?  We don't plan vacations.  Cliff never cared to travel, and now he isn't enthusiastic about driving hundreds of miles in a car, since he's the only driver.  Sometimes we take a little road trip, but that's it.

15) Are you very active, or do you prefer to just relax in your free time or is it one and the same to you?  I'm a pro at relaxing these days.  Bring it on!

Sunday Stealing is a weekly meme you'll find HERE.

5 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your answers. You sound relaxed and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. #2 really struck a chord with me. I was a horrid teen to my mom during those years you mentioned and she died when I was 16. I so wish we could have come to know eachother as adults. I think we would have been close.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same with me on #2. I was snippy and she put up with it. My dad never would have but he was at work. I'm not proud of myself for that. In spite of some questionable decision making in my late teens and 20s, I wouldn't change anything for the same reasons as you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me, too, about Momma. If I could go back…

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a pro at relaxing too!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!