Friday, February 04, 2022

Good news

We don't have Covid; apparently we only have common colds.  Cliff's results came this morning, mine came back after noon.  Once again, we put ourselves out there among hordes of people and only came home with colds.  Cliff said, "See, we didn't need to go running over there to get tested!"  

Hey, at least we know we don't have it!

Because I've been having an irritating cough, I've been taking Nyquil the last two nights.  That stuff can make me sleep almost around the clock if I let it, so yes, I have slept a lot.  If I'm not coughing too much tonight, I'll go without it.  Last night I went to bed before 7:30 and didn't wake up for the day until 5:30 A.M.  Unbelievable!

I don't think I've had a cold for four or five years until this one.  Colds always seem to settle into my bronchial tubes, which makes me have a cough that won't quit for weeks.  Seems like after I'm over the original cold, I still have that tickling cough.  I was caught without my Mentholatum this time.  Never again!

That's really about all I have to say.  I'm going to try and get Cliff out early tomorrow to get the few groceries we need, before the Saturday shoppers get out in force.  Price Chopper has 80/20 ground beef for $2.99 a pound if you buy a 10 pound roll, and I may get two rolls, since we're about out of ground beef.  I'd like to go to Aldi for some fruit, but I don't want to go that far.

I will definitely keep on masking up when I'm out in public.  This Covid thing isn't going anywhere.


8 comments:

  1. I remember Mentholatum--the smell and the sensation. Glad you have colds which is a weird thing to say. We were sure we had Omicron but it turned out to be Grandson's cold from daycare that traveled all the way across the country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you have 'just' a cold. I think that when you wear your mask out now you're protecting yourself against Covid and protecting others against your germs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am NEVER without Vick's VapoRub! Fix a glass of hot water plus 1 tsp salt. Gargle until finished. Most folks roll their eyes and ignore me. Those who try it and stick to a routine, say it changed their life. I know it did mine. Donna, you have assisted me many times with your sharing of information. Thank you. 🍀

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ground meat that comes in a roll is from a foreign country, kiddo. I'd stay away from that junk! Hope you continue to get better and better as time goes on. ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great news! One thing I have enjoyed over these last two years has been the lack of ordinary colds I've gotten. Normally with two kids in two different school symptoms, I would get one three or four times a year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is wonderful news--strange to say when some just told you they had a cold. However considering the alternative--it is wonderful. Glad you aren't letting your guard down. We aren't done with this yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a relief to know you test negative, isn't it? I had that same "bad cold" in December and the cough was spectacular!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Getting your vaccines and getting boosted is a good step. The lady who cuts my hair was exposed. She cut my hair after that. I did not catch it.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!