Sunday, February 27, 2022

Time for spring fever to really set in

 The weather is lovely today, and it's supposed to be springlike most of the week.  


I've already announced to Cliff there will be no more single-digit temperatures until next winter; I hope I'm right with my forecast.  As I look at the coming week, it seems like an opportunity to start gardening.  Maybe I'm only dreaming, but if so, don't burst my bubble, please.  I'm going to find out whether some of the stores have garden seeds and buy some radish seeds.  Maybe some spinach seeds, too, and beets and carrots.  

If my knees cooperate, I intend to take Gabe to the woods on several walks, and I'll probably be barefoot for that.  Oh, the plans I have for this week!

Our granddaughter Amber and her mom came visiting, so I switched dinner plans quickly.  I asked Amber if I should make her some pancakes, and she enthusiastically said yes.  I put the leftover chili in the refrigerator and made sausage and pancakes.  Cliff and I will have chili tomorrow.  It's nice to have grown-up grandchildren who come and visit us regularly, and I love to cook for them.  Her mom, my ex-daughter-in-law, drives a school bus for special-needs children, and she always has interesting stories about the happenings of a school bus driver.  I was glad she came along this time.

I wish all my friends a lovely week, and hope you enjoy yourselves as much as I intend to. 

Oh, by the way:  I saw so many people talking about Wordle that I decided to try it.  It is rather fun, and there's no way I can get addicted and end up wasting a whole day on it (like Farmville and Words with Friends), because you only get to play one word each day.  

6 comments:

  1. Glad you are enjoying Wordle; it does stretch the brain and problem-solving skills. You probably don't want to know that there are other apps (like Wordi) that are unlimited in their games although it also gives me a grade for each one. (by how much time and tries it takes me) I use it to practice for Wordle by playing all sorts of start words. So far I tend to go with roate, audio or adieu. That's a very nice forecast; I was happy to mow and not so happy to do some weeding. SO much to do! It's a start at least, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wordle only takes 5 minutes at most. It is fast and really not that hard. I’m not that bright so I enjoy it. I’m better with words than numbers. So sudoku is what I am horrible out. I like aisle as a start word and sometimes rouse. I try to start with a word with 3 vowels.I see adieu and audio Margaret suggested has 4 vowels. I may try those some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am happy you are anticipating Spring already! It may be too early. We have had snow on Easter before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are several early crops that aren't bothered by snow; those are the seeds I'll plant.

      Delete
  4. I certainly hope you get your barefoot walk in. My wife is threatening to start working in the greenhouse soon. I still think it is a bit too soon up here but it isn't far away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I scheduled a blog post to go up toward the end of the month about my challenges with WORDLE. My kids are getting the word for the day in minutes/seconds. I refuse to time myself because... well... it takes me a LOT LOT longer.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!