Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Missouri weather is a roller coaster

After some really frigid weather last week, we're getting another warm-up:  they're predicting 56° today for a high.  My knees are feeling somewhat better, but I didn't want to risk taking a full walk today, but I took Gabe, Blue, and Klouse, the grandson's dog, and just walked around the pasture a bit.  The sun felt so good!  I sat on the ground thinking I'd get some good pictures of the pets, but Klouse is so energetic, he's hard to photograph.

The two dogs, running back to me

The three musketeers

I was lying down on the ground trying to get a good picture and got the best picture of Klouse I've ever taken, simply because he came up to me and stuck his face right up to the camera.


I think I'll try the recumbent bike for half an hour, then if all is well tomorrow, I'll take a walk.  

Arthritis is the strangest thing:  Suddenly one day it will start acting up and I think I'm done walking forever.  Next thing I know, for no apparent reason, the problem has retreated and I can walk again, albeit very slowly, carefully, and without too many inclines.

6 comments:

  1. It may be sensitivity to weather. So glad you got out to enjoy some sun and that is a cool picture of Klouse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does sound like it's weather related. Our temperatures have warmed up too. Not too good for the pass conditions. Every mountain pass was closed this weekend; they're getting TOO much snow. Dangerous conditions. But we depend on I-90 for the trucking of goods between the west and the east. It could lead to some seriously empty store shelves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Got my Facebook account stolen and have been fighting for months trying to get it back. Still alive and kicking. So happy to see a comment from you. Miss you! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, that's exactly how my arthritis is too, Donna. The bitter cold does my joints in. WOW, it's really warm where you are. It's 35*F here now & I consider THAT a warm-up. I can't imagine it being 56*F. Enjoy!! ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. My arthritis is like that too. My knees are the worst that's for sure. It's all that sitting over the past two years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That’s the same with my knees. I hate it. Just when I think I’m done, there’s relief. Guess I should just be thankful.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!