Friday, January 21, 2022

It's Red Friday!

We've both doing a lot of winter reading.  Cliff always has a book to read on the iPad when he's riding the recumbent bike, but in winter he reads at other times too.  He loves non-fiction books, especially biographies about various wars, generals, and presidents.  Lately he's been reading books by Bill O'Reilly.  There are sixteen of his books in our library, and I'm sure Cliff has read most of them:  I know this because I have to help him find his next book every time.  I don't like O'Reilly, but decided I should what I thought of his books.  As my first one of his books, I chose "Killing Patton".  It's very interesting reading, and I will be reading some of his others later on.  I'll just forget who the author is and enjoy my reading!  As soon as I finish it, I have "The Lincoln Highway" waiting to be read.

It's red Friday, and I'm showing off the official Chiefs shirt my oldest grandson gave me.



I saw the following on a local town's Facebook page.  A lady asked a simple question.  Notice the comments in red... some people came with their own agenda, but nobody paid them much attention.  Smart folks!  Problem avoided.  One woman did correct the false info about masks, but other than that, the trouble-makers may as well have stayed out of it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking for n95 masks? Need my kids back in school. Locations?
2
11 Comments
Like
Comment
Share
11 Comments
All comments

  • What ages are your kids? N95 don’t fit kids and for them to be effective they have to be fitted for them.
    2
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 11h
    •  this right here, I was going to say this and also after 10 minutes the effectiveness goes down and continues to do so as time elapses. Saturation of germs builds up inside a mask, especially N95’s
      4
      • Like
      • Reply
      • Share
      • 10h
      • Edited
      •  the efficiency does not go down in minutes. Only loses its efficiency if it gets wet. Still passed a fit test on the 5th use of an n95. So that’s roughly 40 hours of wear time and it still passed with flying colors!
        1
        • Like
        • Reply
        • Share
        • 8h
      •  not what OSHA testing says, you most definitely can’t wear the same une for days at the very least. So a kid in school constantly touching the mask…here entere in a whole slew of extra variables bringing in a greater amount of germs concentrated into a mask on face….
        • Like
        • Reply
        • Share
        • 3h
  • Why wear a mask?
  • You can get some off Amazon.
    1
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 10h
    •  I found them.
      1
      • Like
      • Reply
      • Share
      • 10h
  • Bonita Winingham
    Costco online, Amazon, check Menards, Lowes, and Home Depot. Walmart might have them too.
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 10h
  • Renee Pippin
    Obv.it doesn't matter about the mask...they are still shutting schools down
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 9h
  • Josh Andrews
    🤣😂 mask won't bring the sick teacher's and bus drivers back any sooner.
    1
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 8h
  • Connie Harris
    minit marts have them
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 2h
























7 comments:

  1. I have N95s but prefer the KN95s that loop around the ears. I know they're not as good so I double mask if I go out in public. Pretty sick of it though, and of many people and their attitudes. Love the shirt! I have quite a few books to read right now which makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess mine are kn95 then, because they go around my ears.

      Delete
  2. I think these lock downs were made for those of us who enjoy reading. It makes it easier for us to survive with too much time at home. The mask situation is really crazy. I have COPD so I can't wear the N95s. Just can't breathe in them. Just hope the surgical ones I can wear are doing a good enough job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's an awful lot of foolish nonsense out there. Masks do work. So do vaccinations. If someone fully vaccinated does get one of the variants, it's over sooner and not as bad at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reason #1,593,286,904 why I left Facebook almost 2 years ago!! I have an anonymous "art" account but that's it... and we never talk about politics, the virus, or civil unrest. ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do they think they “lose effectiveness” by the pores opening up and letting germs in? The pores actually plug up which makes them 100% effective but just harder to breathe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reading in cold winter is a passtime i enjoy too. so much disinformation out there. so much important information too. have to navigate it all. years ago i liked o'reilly. now he pontificates too much for my liking and i avoid him.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!