Thursday, October 07, 2021

Thursday 13

THURSDAY THIRTEEN: Some of the unforgettable books I've read, in no particular order

1.  The Good Earth, by Pearl Buck

2.  An Hour Before Daylight, by Jimmy Carter

3.  Seabiscuit, by Laura Hillenbrand 

4. Color of Water: A Black Man's Tribute to His White Mother, by James McBride

5.  The Devil in the White City, by Erik Larson

6.  Considering the Horse:  Tales of Problems Solved & Lessons         Learned, by Mark Rashid

7.  Unbroken, by Laura Hillenbrand

8.  Water for Elephants, by Sara Gruen

9.  Peace Like a River, by Leif Enger

10.  The Kite Runner, by Khaled Hosseini 

11.  A Thousand Splendid Suns, by Khaled Hosseini

12.  American Dirt, by Jeanine Cummins

13.  Glass Castle, by Jeannette Walls

Choose any topic you want.  If you like, you can share the link to yours at the Thursday Thirteen blog.

 

12 comments:

  1. The only one I've read here is The Good Earth....Peace Like a River sounds intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read several hundred during this pandemic. You don't want me to list them here..I am sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are some of my favorites. The unforgettable ones, where you still remember them after many years.

      Delete
  3. The only one I read here is Glass Castle. Just to let you know, you put last week's link at the TT site.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read several of these and enjoyed them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have very different reading tastes. I have read none of your unforgettable choices!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've read 7 out of your 13 listed. Not too shabby.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a good list. I've read several of those books, but not as many as I would like!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have similar taste. I read 1,2,3,7,8,10,11, and 12. #5 is on my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've read the Hosseini books and really enjoyed them. So very sad about Afghanistan though. You are the 2nd blogger I've seen mention Devil in the White City. Since I lived in Chicago for 35 years, this book was especially interesting. It was my son-in-law who had me read the book. I've just finished Mobituaries which I thought was really interesting too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have read and re-read The Good Earth several times starting when I was in the 5th or 6th grade and my Mom had to write a note to the School Principal to permit me to check out what they considered adult books at the bookmobile. I enjoyed that book so much (it never dawned on me to question what exactly it meant to be a concubine) so the adult parts just sort of went over my head, but I loved the story. I also started reading every Edna Ferber book I could find at about that same age. So many great Edna Ferber books. If you haven't read Peony by Pearl S. Buck, I think you might like it, too.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!