Sunday, October 10, 2021

Sunday Stealing

1. Who is your favorite singer?  What do you like about him or her?

Dolly Parton.  If I could choose anybody's singing voice, I'd choose hers.  To my mind, she has the voice of an angel. 

2. Write about your first memory of going to the doctor.

The time I was seven years old and I got sick, vomiting for no reason.  We went to Dr. Croxdale in Villisca, Iowa and he couldn't figure out what was wrong.  I was put in some little local hospital for several days, being fed through my veins, still vomiting.  Whatever was wrong with me, I got better and went home after a week in the hospital, never knowing what my problem was.  

We did NOT go to a doctor unless there was something terribly wrong, which is probably why I was seven before I had a doctor experience I remember.

3. Write a poem about writing poems.

When it comes to writing poems, I've always thought I could, 

But one thing I'll confess to:  Not all of them are good.

4. Write a poem about vacations.

We don’t have the money to go on vacation.

Besides, it’s quite pleasant at home.

I’ll leave it to others to travel this nation:

The pasture’s as far as we’ll roam.

 5. What is something interesting that no one knows about you?

I've blogged about everything, it seems.  But most people may not know how hard it is for me to just be a decent person and show some grace to every human.

6.Why is it so important to help other people in need?

If I don't, who will?  Honestly, I need to be a lot more helpful to others than I am.  I live so much of the time in my own head, I tend to be pretty self-centered.   

7.Would you rather finish a project early or do it at the last minute?  Why?

I no longer have projects because I never finished them anyhow.    

8. If you had three months left to live, what would you do?

Exactly what I'm already doing every day.  I love my life.     

9. If you could be a flavor of ice cream, what flavor would you be?  Why?

This is too ridiculous to answer.  Next question, please.    

10. What is the hardest thing about being a kid?

Having to behave and be told what to do all the time.  And the fact that people don't always believe a kid who is telling the truth.

11. Would you rather be tall or short?  Why?

I'm rather tall at 5'7".  I like my height.  I feel sorry for short people because they need less calories than tall people, so it's easier for them to put on extra pounds.    

12. What is the greatest challenge facing people in our world today?

Accepting that we all have a right to our own opinions; if we could learn to do that, we'd get along much better.  We need tolerance.      

13.What is the scariest experience you’ve ever had?

We've had some close calls when we had the motorcycle.  A couple of those were pretty scary.      

14. Write a poem about music.

My tastes are somewhat limited in music of all kinds; 

It’s country, blues, and gospel songs that live within my mind, 

And also old-time standards, as sung by Frank and Bing

My rowdy side likes Janis Joplin’s screaming way to sing.

15. Write about a favorite memory of something you did with your best friend.  

I've been married to my best friend for fifty-five years, and made so many memories I wouldn't know where to start.  

If you'd like to participate in the thievery, You'll find the Sunday Stealing blog HERE.

 

8 comments:

  1. I would say we need tolerance but also common sense and logic. It's difficult (impossible?) for me to be tolerant of crazies! :) My doctor was also a family friend who went to our church so I didn't really think of him as a doctor. He would stop by our house if needed. I wish I were a couple inches taller!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your poems. I am short - and yes, it does make the poundage look worse than it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading every single answer of yours, to these questions, Donna!! I particularly agree with your answer to #12. Amen, sista!!! ~Andrea xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was fun! I loved seeing your answers. I do love Dolly too. And like you, I feel like I've blogged about every minute of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm married to my best friend too. We've had our ups and downs, like any couple, but the memories we've made and ups outweigh the downs. Without the downs, you can't appreciate the ups, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm impressed by people who can write poetry so easily. I'm not a poet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoyed all your responses. Me too on Dolly as a favorite, not just her voice but the person. She has a marvelous sense of humor and a huge, kind heart. She never hesitates to aid a cause.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed Kenny Rogers.Unfortunately, he died last year.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!