Sunday, October 31, 2021

Sunday Stealing


1. Have you ever played with a Ouija Board?

I've never even seen one except in movies or TV shows.

2. Favorite horror monster or villain?

Christine, the car in the movie of the same name.

3. If you were dared to spend the night in a “haunted house”, would you do it?  

As long as there weren't mice, rats, and spiders in it, yes.  I don't believe in ghosts.

4. Are you superstitious?

I don't think so.  I jokingly "knock wood" sometimes, often on my husband's head, since our last name is Wood.

5. Do you ever see figures in your peripheral vision?

Yes, but it's usually my husband, my dog, or my cat.

6. Ever made a potion of any sort?

Nope

7. Do you get scared easily?

Not at supernatural things.

8. Have you ever played Bloody Mary?

I've never heard of Bloody Mary except for the drink.  But I'm going to Google it pretty soon.  OK, here's what Wikihow says:  "Bloody Mary is a classic scary game where players try to summon the ghost of Bloody Mary in a bathroom mirror. All you need to call Bloody Mary is a lit candle and a bathroom you can go into by yourself. To get the most out of the game, invite your friends over so you can play together and tell each other what you see in the mirror. Don’t forget to turn off all the lights!"

9. Would you ever go to a graveyard at night?

I love graveyards at any time.  It would be no problem for me.

10. Would you rather go to a Halloween party or go trick or treating?

Please, don't make me do either one.  I go to bed early.

11. Whilst watching scary movies, are you the person who yells at the characters, the person with their eyes covered the whole time, or the person who falls asleep

If I'm enjoying it, I'll have my eyes covered but I'll be peeking through my fingers.  If it's boring, I'll fall asleep, because that's generally what I do with any movie.

12. Favorite scary book?  

A book of Edgar Allen Poe tales.  Also, I enjoyed reading "The Shining".

13. How old were you when you saw your first horror movie?

Abbot and Costello Meet Frankenstein, and I was probably 8 years old.  It was a silly movie and supposed to be funny, but I had scary dreams for a long time afterward.

14. What was your first Halloween costume?

I made my own costume, usually the same every year except for the mask.  I put my dad's overalls on, stuck a pillow in front to make a big belly, put on whatever mask I could fine and some kind of hat, and I was ready.

15. If you could have a spooky Halloween pet (black cat, owl, bat, rat, wolf), what would you pick?

A black cat.  

If you'd like to play Sunday Stealing, it's HERE, every Sunday morning.

15 comments:

  1. Ah, another Poe fan. He had a way with words, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun Halloween thoughts. The Ouija Board came out at our house often. My sleep over friends loved it. I think my Mom was a believer. Never had the nerve to try Bloody Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope ou have a Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  4. home made costumes are so fun

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of Bloody Mary either but I do have a black cat. And reading "The Shining" did scare the heck out of me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bloody Mary sounds like a good way to start a fire!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd never heard of Bloody Mary and I'm not sure I get it from that description.

    ReplyDelete
  8. #4 Donna.... **bahahahahahahahahaha**!!! Love it!!! I never knew that "game" was called "Bloody Mary". We used to do it as kids but never knew it had a name. We did it with a flashlight. ~Andrea xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poe! Never even thought of him.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Once some girls brought a ouija board to school. I was so ignorant I didn’t know what it was.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am scared to death to play Bloody Mary. I don't actually think anything would happen, but I am not playing with that stuff. My friends were into it when I was a kid. I don't think any of us could bring ourselves to play Bloody Mary. Loved your answers! Hope you had a very Happy Halloween!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I could pretty much go along with your comments. Although I saw a movie when I was 8 years old called "The Leopard" or "The Leopard Man" and had nightmares about it for years.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved your #10. That's me too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just saw Christine for the umpteenth time during the week runup to Halloween. Always enjoy the show, especially the junkyard scene at the very end.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!