Friday, October 29, 2021

cookies

 I just got done baking my favorite cookies; on Allrecipes.com, it's called "Grandmother's Oatmeal Cookies".  Everybody who tries these cookies likes them.  

The baggie goes to the grandson's house.  I have trouble staying away from chewy cookies, especially while they are still warm from the oven.  Yesterday I dipped pretzels, who knows why?  In cold weather, I'm always wanting to make cookies and candy.  Somewhere is a poem I wrote about how cookies are therapy for the winter blahs; of course, when you start adding pounds from eating so much, the blahs come right back.

For lack of any other excitement, let me show you what my husband's shop looks like with all the guts out of the Oliver tractor:






Cliff is rather proud of the fact he put wheels on his toolbox.

It's like an explosion happened and the parts of the Oliver 1650 went everywhere, albeit landing in rather neat (but greasy) formations.

We had chili yesterday and again today.  We might even go for a third day of it.  And that's it for today.

11 comments:

  1. I adore a chewy oatmeal cookie, especially if it's heavy on the brown sugar. I would probably double up on the walnuts and leave out the raisins though. Warm raisins aren't my thing. And dipped pretzels too, yum! My late husband would be very jealous of Cliff's shop. He would have loved some place like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Warm and chewy are the best. Seeing as how the tractor exploded:) the shop is remarkably neat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He can't work if everything isn't in its place. Everybody comments on how neat his shop is.

      Delete
  3. I may try the cookies. Will have to third it. Only me here. Chickens get a lot of my cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought my toolbox with wheels pre-installed. I rarely move it though because it is like moving a house on wheels!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Chili only gets better each time you heat it up, so enjoy it while it lasts. Yes the cold weather does invite making cookies and goodies. I always put on weight over the winter. But I do love homemade cookies fresh out of the oven. They are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my. Poor tractor! I have a hard time making cookies now; standing there as long as it takes makes my back hurt. I need to buy a stool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My chili goes for almost 4 days too. By that time everyone is ready to move on. Your cookies look amazing. Cliff's workshop is fantastic. He seems to have everything he could possibly need.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I try not to bake cookies since I don't have enough self discipline to stay out of them.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those cookies look amazing. Yum!
    I love chili but my little daycare kids don't care for it so I rarely make it.
    Cliff's shop looks so neat and tidy. Very cool that he put wheels on his tool box. Wendy

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!