Thursday, October 28, 2021

Thursday Thirteen

Thursday Thirteen

A few of my favorite songs...  

1.  Me and Bobby McGee, sung by the songwriter, Kris Kristofferson.

2.  Chiseled in Stone sung by Vern Gosdin

3.  Coat of Many Colors, written and sung by Dolly Parton

4.  Spanish Pipe Dream, written and sung by John Prine

5.  Just Bummin' Around, sung by Dean Martin

6.  Some Enchanted Evening

7.  To All the Girls I've Loved Before, Willie Nelson with Julio Iglesias

8.  You'll Never Walk Alone

9.  Surrey With the Fringe on Top

10.  Climb Every Mountain

11.  Just the Other Side of Nowhere, Kris Kristofferson

12.  Thank You Lord For Your Blessings on Me

13.  Whispering Hope by Anne Murray

This is an easy and fun way to do a blog entry:  You make up a list of 13 thoughts, things, people, songs, pets... you get my drift.  If you choose to do so, you can share it on the Thursday Thirteen blog, and also see what the others have done with it.  

7 comments:

  1. Vern Gosdin was Larry’s favorite country singer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hated that he died so soon after I discovered him.

      Delete
  2. Agree with almost all of your list. I liked Kris's version of his song Bobby McGee but loved Janis Joplin's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have a "13" today but do love yours, Donna. "Coat of Many Colors"... a classic and so beautiful! Joey Feek sung that song pretty too, God rest her soul. ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coat of Many Colors is a lovely song. So is To All the Girls I've Loved Before. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to listen to Dolly's Coat of Many Colors. She is so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!