Monday, December 21, 2020

We received the ring I won

Can you believe the mail ran on Sunday?  It's the first time I ever heard of that happening.  I guess our little post office was running over.  Anyway, the ring made from a half-dollar arrived in the Sunday mail.  




We went to look at another 880 Oliver tractor for Cliff's project, but it had things wrong with it the seller didn't mention, and he wanted far too much money for it.

If you want to read about how the fellow who donated the ring makes those rings, here's an entry from the Blind-Pig-and-the-acorn explaining how you, too, can make a ring from a quarter.  Click HERE


10 comments:

  1. That's very interesting and tricky to make. It looks really nice though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Northern AB gal9:54 PM

    Yeah! Is that a first ring for Cliff? Does he have a wedding band? Hubby wore his one day and it's been in the drawer ever since :)







    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I met him he wore a ring he had made out of a quarter that he wore all the time. We didn't have a big wedding and neither of us felt we needed a ring anyway. I'm not one of those people who wants all that "fluff". But he lost his quarter ring along the line. When I saw Tipper was having this giveaway, I left a comment telling her about Cliff losing his quarter ring many years ago. She had a drawing with the names of people who commented on that blog entry, and I won. I think Cliff is more tickled with his new ring than I ever imagined he would be, and that makes me really happy.

      Delete
    2. It was meant to be! Love it! Merry Christmas to you both and wishes for a better 2021.

      Delete
  3. I think I may have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad the ring was not a hoax. My faith is restored.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you had followed Blind Pig and the Acorn as long as I have, you wouldn't have any doubts.

      Delete
  5. Mine too, Sister--Three.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I told Sister-three: If you had followed Blind Pig and the Acorn as long as I have, you wouldn't have had any doubts.

      Delete

I love comments!