Sunday, December 29, 2013

Weigh-in

The Christmas goodies got me.  Thanksgiving didn't help, but until ten days ago I was staying within one pound of the weight I consider ideal for me:  145 pounds.  Now remember, on New Year's Day of this year, I was one-eighty-seven, so I did well for this whole year... until the past few days.  I decided to eat, because at what other time do I get the chance to eat gourmet popcorn, cheese ball, hot hamburger dip, and summer sausage to my heart's content?  I can take it off, right?  

Yesterday I weighed 152.  Today I'm 150.2.  I've purged most of the tempting foods from the house and I'm back to proper eating.  I hope to be back at, or under, 145 by the end of January.  Cliff has ten pounds to lose, and I'm not so sure his heart is in the effort of losing and maintaining any more.  Time will tell.  

You know, when I began my weight loss last year, my goal was to get to 160 and maintain that.  I was doing so well when I reached that weight, I re-set my goal at 150, and then later at 145.  That is a good weight for me, and I'll hang onto that goal.  

The next mention I make of my weight will be when I'm back at 145.  

Our country cable Internet leaves a lot to be desired, and it has really been slow over the last couple of days.  Yesterday I decided to re-design my blog; due to the poor Internet speed, I wasn't on my toes as I should have been and lost my whole sidebar.  Perhaps it's for the best, because I do like the uncluttered look of things now.  

If Suddenlink doesn't get its act together, I will be going back to DSL from Embarq.  

5 comments:

  1. I wondered why your blog looked different. Now I know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seem very determined! Best of luck to you on the weight loss. It isn't as easy as it used to be. I miss the stuff on your sidebar; it was interesting. (but I understand why it was a hassle to load with slow internet)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Donna - My name is Ashley, and I'm with Suddenlink. I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing issues with your internet service. I'd be happy to look into this for you. Please feel free to contact me directly - my email is ashley-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!