Saturday, December 14, 2013

Bad seed

I used to watch Oprah occasionally.  During the month of December she would feature nice products, tell all about how wonderful they were, and then tell everybody in the audience that they would find those nifty things under their seats to take home with them.

Yesterday at my daughter's house, we were watching Ellen.  She had some guy telling about all these wonderful techie-type playthings and how much they cost.  When they were done with the list, she announced that every audience member was getting EVERY SINGLE ONE of those toys.  There was some other show before Ellen where they gave everybody nice gifts, too.  

Someone told me I should go to the websites and enter to win stuff the audience gets.  Yeah, that gives me one chance in 900,000.

The Bible tells us to rejoice with those who rejoice.  I confess, I do not rejoice for those people.  I WANT FREE TOYS!  Why should they get presents just because they happened to be present at those shows?  

Obviously, I am still the same spoiled little fit-throwing kid I always was. Maybe I'm just a bad seed. 

                        

*Although there is some truth in this entry, I wrote it tongue in cheek.  I'm just confessing to some jealousy, that's all. 


                             

6 comments:

  1. I feel the same way

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not alone. I don't have serious envy, just a bit of it. Patt always said that we are the kind of people who are destined to work hard our whole lives and that we're better for it. He was fine with that, but I LIKE TO WIN THINGS. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A girl can dream there is a real Santa someplace who is going to single me out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wow, you've hit a nerve! I don't give a hoot for Oprah - - but "The Bad Seed" is one of my absolute all-time favorite movies. I've seen it a zillion times (at least).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I remember that movie and that creepy little girl. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. That movie is so spooky! Proof you don't have to have blood and gore to be a good thriller!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!