Thursday, December 19, 2013

A match made in heaven?


So here's the deal.  When Cliff spotted this Craigslist ad and read it to me, I asked him, "Where is this guy?"  
"Kansas City," he answered.  
Hmmm.  I don't think there are many bulls inside the Kansas City limits. 

Honestly, I hate to even have a bull on our property.  Bulls are horny creatures (they are male, so what else is new?) and loaded with testosterone.  This means if you catch them in the right mood, they might decide to kill you for sport just because they can.  But you know, if I am going to have cows, they're no use to me unless they can get pregnant once a year.   

Today I called the guy and asked him where he lives.  Turns out he is less than ten miles from us.  I asked him if he had facilities that would allow us to bring a heifer in heat to his bull.  He does indeed.  Grace is old enough to be bred, and she is due to come in heat on or before Christmas Eve.  I told him I would GLADLY pay him $50 if she could spend twenty-four hours with his bull.  

My only hope is that he doesn't sell or lease the bull before then.  Maybe we can even work Crystal in before the bull is sold.    

2 comments:

  1. Hope this works out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So it's come to this.....Cow Pimping huh? Well a girl's got to do what a girl's got to do. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!