Thursday, December 26, 2013

A nice, low-key Christmas Day

Since we weren't expecting a huge crowd, we would have done fine fitting everybody in the house.  My daughter, however, wanted to hold to our tradition of partying in Cliff's shop.  

Rachel spent a lot of time in that lounge chair.  She said it was more comfortable that any of her chairs at home, including the recliner (she's still sore from surgery).  I tried to get her to take it home with her, but she said there was really no place to put it in her living room.   Cliff's sister Rena, on the left, came to join us for awhile.  Iris is watching for reflections or shadows to chase, which is how she spends a lot of her garage time.

On the right are Monica and her boy friend.  

Granddaughter Natalie was beginning to get rather bored at this point.  

We played Mad libs a LOT.  This was one of our best ones, although it might make you realize how twisted our family really is.  Hey, there's a free Mad Libs app! 

Grandson Arick, who had two other Christmas events to attend after he and Heather left our place.  

Our daughter brought over an extra Christmas tree they weren't using so I could handle my ornaments.  

Seems like I don't get many pictures of son-in-law Kevin, but there he is.

Rachel wanted to show Cliff what a "selfie" is, so she took this picture.  A year ago she was bald.  What a difference a year makes!

Recently an old schoolmate of Rachel's came by with some notes her husband had written about his best friend.  She remembered that I've been known to write a song or two and asked if perhaps I could work his words into a song.  It's been years since I've done anything like that, but I came up with something I thought would work.  They came by the shop and I sang the song for them.  I guess they were satisfied with it:  Sherri said she saw her husband wiping a tear away while I sang.  

Or maybe my singing is just that bad.  

All in all, it was a wonderful, laid-back day.  Yes, I ate too much, and will again today, because I'm not about to toss that chili-cheese dip or the cheese ball in the trash.  I haven't even weighed this week, but I will when the goodies are gone, and when I do I'll let you know how much I'll have to lose.  Oh yes, I will lose it, and quickly.   


5 comments:

  1. Looks like a wonderful Christmas Donna. You and your family are so blessed. I never look at scales here. It's better not to know. Just enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cliff's shop looks like an enjoyable place to spend Christmas. Now be prepared to have a happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you all had a wonderful celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you celebrate in the shop, which looks roomy and yet cozy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like a nice, cozy time was had by all. I loved the MadLibs - I want to see that uvula bedecked in lights!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!