Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Mother Nature does it again

I went to bed around 8:30 last night.  I was almost asleep when the war began; at least that's what it sounded like. We had the longest hail-storm I can remember.  It just went on and on, and believe me, it was loud!  My daughter and her husband, who live in town, don't have a garage and they both have cars they bought recently.  I would hate to see what those cars look like now.  Rachel's birthday is today, and this has likely ruined her day.  Just last weekend she stopped by here and was telling us how she loved that car, and bragging about how nice it looked after she had been through the carwash.    

A local friend put this picture on Facebook.  


And from another Facebook friend:


We had a pretty rough hail storm last year, but this one was worse.  On the bright side, if there is one, we FINALLY got over an inch of rain that was so very much needed.  I'm not worried about what the hail did to the garden.  I'm sure the lettuce will be fine.  I may have lost the peas that are above ground, but it's still early and I can easily replant.  The fruit trees haven't bloomed, so they are OK so far.

People who have insurance on their homes, like us, will get their roofs fixed without paying a lot out of pocket.  It's just another risk we sometimes have to face, here in Missouri.  

I suppose it beats a hurricane.

8 comments:

  1. That is some seriously large hail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:45 AM

    Good gravy! Can you imagine being hit by one of these things??!!-debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. That hail is huge! Hope your daughter's car is OK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way for it to be OK. She could still drive it, but she'd be ashamed of the looks of it.

      Delete
  4. Only 20 miles or so west of you and our hailstorm was long and loud... but the hailstones were only the size of small marbles... Will Missouri grace us with tornadoes with the thunderstorms this afternoon and evening??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:01 AM

    It is just a fluke that we didn't have hail. Remember the soft ball size years ago in Prairie Village, Ks.! The hail you had yesterday and day before definitely is damaging in several ways to your house and automobiles. Everyone working for any Insurance will be working for another year or two to catch-up. Another raise in our insurance premiums is not what I needed. While I am type this I hear thunder and probably another round coming and it's near 3 am. I hope 🍀 we have luck of the Irish the rest of the morning 🌿⛈️

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, those are big hail stones!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!