Sunday, March 10, 2024

Spring forward

I never manage to get a lot of sleep.  My aging bladder doesn't let me sleep longer than two hours straight; sometimes I go back to sleep, other times I don't.  I've learned to live with it.  Usually if I am in bed for six hours, I'm fine, even with all the interruptions.  I love mornings, and any time it's 3 A.M. or later, I just go ahead and get up.  Perhaps once a week I will take an over-the-counter sleep aid, which does make me sleep longer but makes me feel groggy all the next day. 

But I've outdone myself this time: I woke up at midnight with a tickle in my throat that got me coughing like crazy; I don't have a cold, I don't smoke:  and yet, I have a tickle in my throat.  After thirty minutes of constant coughing, I gave up; So I was on the couch at 1 A.M, drinking coffee and trying to figure out my Wordle game (got it in three tries today).  When I come home after attending my two churches, I will likely get a nap or two on the couch.   

I certainly can't blame Daylight Savings for this.  It's just me. 

The thing is, I really don't have to do anything that would require a sharp mind or a lot of energy.  If I had to work on a job after only getting three hours of sleep, that would be rough.  

I have learned the way to get over sleep loss is to stop thinking it about it, take a shower, and get on with the day, while remembering not to bore everybody I see by telling them I didn't get any sleep.  Oops... I guess I just told the hundred or so who read this mess.  Sorry! 

I'm truly glad to be living one more day.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't sleep well last night either. I'm hoping for better tonight. The saying "sleeping like a baby" comes to mind but it's the opposite of what that expression means.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Insomnia is hard. I had it for a long time but finally am in a good sleep pattern.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!