Tuesday, March 26, 2024

crazy weather

I am a mess, and it's all on account of the weather.  Mother Nature gives us several days of spring-like warmth and sunshine, then takes it away.  Of course I knew it would happen, because it was in February and March.  Time and time again, we have gone from spring to winter, then back again.  Blah.  So I pout like a five-year-old, not even trying to get over myself.  In fact, I dig in deeper.

So I've stayed away from my blog.  Truthfully, I would think anyone on the cusp of 80 would have a rough time writing about their daily lives; all we do around here, for the most part is eat, sleep, read, and sit; both of us hurt all the time, in various parts of our bodies, even when we are in bed trying to sleep.  I know there are many older folks who have a more active life than we do, even people who continue contributing good things to the world who are much worse off than we are.  I salute them, but still I sit, except for days when it's nice outside, which is where I really want to be.     

I discovered a "reality" show yesterday streaming on Peacock.  I got excited when I saw that it was about a farmer and his sons, less than seventy miles north of us.  All my relatives come from that area, only a little farther north near the Iowa line.  

I have never cared for reality shows because they are fake.  This one is no different.  I watched American Pickers for quite a while, and Pawn Stars, but that was because I liked seeing what sort of things were being bought and sold.  I may watch it sometimes to see if they ever actually show some scenes in the town of Gallatin, because we go through there every time we head up to Harrison County for a funeral or reunion.  I'll probably be surfing the Internet at the same time I'm watching it, though, or maybe reading a book.  

Cliff has his tractor project going with the grandson's help, so he does have something of interest in his life.  The tractor had been in two pieces for months because of cold weather and getting all the needed parts.  There's a furnace in the shop, but Cliff hates to use the propane.  And of course our grandson has a job, so they work on the tractor evenings or weekends.  Arick also needs time with his lady when both of them are home, and Cliff is happy to wait his turn.  

Here are the latest pictures from two days ago.  This Ford tractor is one of the junkiest things I've ever seen him fix, and I still don't know why he wanted it.  However, once he starts something, he will do whatever it takes to get it right.  He loves a challenge.



 

11 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:37 AM

    Lol. Tim found that show last week. The father is such a jerk. Quite proud of himself for having two women. When one said that he had to make a choice, his response was 'you don't give me ultimatims!' What a pig! Why a woman would even choose a man like that is beyond me. The show was idiotic. "Real cowboys" my foot. Even Tim got sick of it pretty quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cliff said those people need to take some acting lessons. I saw some things on Reddit people were saying about the show. One person said they live in Gallatin, and those farmers never come to town. They're probably making most of their money from the car washes, because there are a bunch of those in the Kansas City area.

      Delete
    2. Scariest part? I don't think there's an actor in the bunch. I think that is how they are in real life! ACK!!!!!

      Delete
  2. It’s wonderful for Cliff to have a project. I’m not good at projects. Donna, I’m really just a lazy bum. I good at griping and sitting. I don’t know how anyone can stand me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a shame you don't live closer. You and I could have a sit-in. Ha!

      Delete
  3. The weather is the bane of my existence! The on again/off again nice days have me wanting to get outside and get the seeds in the ground. I am still struggling with whatever virus has me in it's claws. I managed to get some plants in the ground, only to find out a freezing night lay ahead. I used plastic bottle with the tops cut off to make domes over the plants and then covered it all with plastic sheeting. The fatigue and constant headache has me totally uninterested in checking on the plants to see if they survived! Off to see the nurse practitioner tomorrow and hope she may have good news ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully we'll survive the weather!

      Delete
  4. I think that anyone on the cusp of 80 deserves to do whatever they want (or don't want) to do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We all do what we can and deserve to relax and take it easy. The weather can be a huge factor although I do like the rain and gray sometimes. I prefer blue skies with clouds though and weather between 65-75 degrees. Is that too much to ask? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the third year for us when we can hardly get any rain. I would be thrilled to have a whole day of steady rain!

      Delete
  6. Everybody needs a hobby!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!