Sunday, March 24, 2024

Sunday Stealing

1. If you could witness any event from history, what would it be?  I can't think of anything I'd want to witness in the past; I can always read about it.  I live in the present.

2. What do you think about conspiracy theories?  For the most part, I don't believe them, but I'm sure there must be exceptions.  

3. Do you like cartoons? Not any more, but as a child I liked Daffy Duck and Bugs Bunny.  Do you have /had a favorite one?  As an adult, I enjoyed watching Wily Coyote trying to catch Roadrunner and failing miserably.  

4. What did you most dislike in school times?  All the people being around me.  There wasn't anything wrong with the people, but I just didn't fit in.  I still don't.  

5. What sounds are in your opinion relaxing? The sound of the sea? Traffic? Vacuum cleaner? Combine harvester on the field? Some kind of music? Birds singing? ...  All the outdoor sounds like birds singing, water flowing (as in a brook), frogs croaking.  Since there's a railroad at the back of our property, I have to admit I love hearing the train noises, although I'm glad the train isn't any closer to our house.

6. What was the last thing you read?  Room, by Emma Donnoghue is the last book I read; I finished it yesterday.  But the very last thing I read was this morning: Luke 6:12-28, Psalm 67, and Proverbs 11:27 from the Bible. 

7. What is one thing that has stumped you so hard you won't ever forget it?  If I ever had one thing like that, I must have forgotten it, because I can't think of an answer.

8. What are you interested in that most people aren’t?  Cows.  I still miss having a Jersey milk cow and raising calves with her milk.  I try not to think about it, but when I see a couple of little calves in a pasture along the road somewhere, bucking and kicking up their heels, I realize again how much I miss them.

9. What’s something you really resent paying for?  Bottled water

10. If you could choose a different time period and place to be born, when and where would it be?  My husband and I agree on this:  We lived in the best time.  But perhaps everyone looks back at their childhood and says the same thing.

11. What's one question you would ask Superman?  Really?  Well, I have a question for the man who played Superman on TV in the 50's:  "If you are so powerful, why do you look overweight and out of shape?"

 12. What's your favorite smell?   The outside smells:  mown hay, all the good-smelling flowers, the smell of a horse.  Inside, I like to smell many things cooking.  What's your least favorite smell?  Trash burning, puke, smelly flatulence, pigs, billy goats (the lady goats don't smell bad; neither do the boy ones, if they are neutered). 

13. How do you feel about cars becoming fully autonomous and having no steering wheel, breaks, or accelerators?  I'm pretty sure I won't be around to see all that, so I don't care.  The world is going to hell in a handbasket anyhow, with wars everywhere.  Beam me up, Scotty.

14. What are your favorite books and authors?  I no longer have favorite authors.  I don't even look at their names any more.  I read too many books to even try to remember.  

15. Have you had a reading or palm reading done?  No, although when I was young I really wanted to.  Now I just consider it hogwash.

   


4 comments:

  1. The sounds of the ocean and distant trains are wonderful. The patter of rain when I'm cozy in my bed and don't have to go anywhere in the morning. Conspiracy theories, ughh. The people who believe in the crazy ones terrify me. I would love to get a real look at dinosaurs to see how far off we are on our impressions of them. Did they have feathers? Were they colorful?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I chose Bugs Bunny, too. I guess it really was called Looney Tunes, wasn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch, George Reebves would probably be insulted if he hadn't died years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. When the series ended, he was typecast, so nobody wanted him for television shows. I remember I was shocked when I heard he killed himself.

      Delete

I love comments!