Monday, March 18, 2024

This, that, and nothing

What to bore you with this morning:

I gave my dog Gabe a bath.  He was smelling pretty awful, and Cliff was complaining.  It doesn't take long to bathe him, but then I have to wash his "laundry", which means the pad in his cage where he sleeps all night and the dog bed he uses in the living room when he isn't sitting next to me on the couch.  He curled up in it as soon as I took it out of the dryer, but when the furnace came on he moved to his favorite cold-weather spot, the heat register.    Believe it or not, there really is a register under him!



I think the low temperature this morning was 25, so we're having a day or two of winter.  Then our psuedo-spring will come back.  I won't be going outside for anything today unless I have to, because the wind coming out of the north is AWFUL.
  
Last summer I made several quarts of spaghetti sauce for the freezer.  I had some huge tomatoes in the garden that didn't really have much flavor, but they sure make good sauce.  I didn't put meat in it when I froze it.  When I get it out and start cooking I add half a pound of Jimmy Dean Italian Sausage, browned.  I'm sure glad I found a way to use those big, tasteless tomatoes.


This is Cliff's favorite meal, and we still have some of the carrot cake I made last week, too.  

Here's a scoop for you: I'm wanting to get another tattoo.  Go ahead and say it... there's no fool like an old fool.  Dolly Parton wrote a song with a title I absolutely love:  Wildflowers Don't Care Where They Grow.  I want those words on my wrist, with maybe a couple of violets.  It may be awhile though, because the way prices of everything are rising, I might have to wait until one of my T-Bills comes in.    


Peace.

7 comments:

  1. That's a great quote. I'm not a tattoo person but if I were to get one, that one would be tempting. I love spaghetti and carrot cake. I wish you lived closer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phinnie stinks. He has so many layers of hair.

    Cold here today. Colder tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:51 PM

    Kay of Musings: I really love Dolly Parton. My cousin was a pilot and met Dolly. He said she was as nice as her reputation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dolly has a gentle and giving spirit, for sure.

      Delete
  4. I probably can around 100 pints of spaghetti sauce every year, mostly for my pasta loving girls. Back in the early days, I used to can it with meat in it but found the canning process rendered the meat almost tasteless. I then switched to your method which tasted better but still took some time. I finally settled on adding some MSG before canning for the umami flavor and it works really well. The girls just boil some pasta, strain, and dump a jar of unheated spaghetti sauce over the pasta and stir. The pasta heats up the sauce. It is one of their favorite quick meals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay. I am amazed you have a tattoo. What's your first one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's on my shoulder, so nobody ever sees it. If you do a search on my blog for tattoo you will see it. There are several stories in it, so it means a lot to me, Also, Cliff's name is with it.

      Delete

I love comments!