Saturday, October 14, 2023

Found and restored: A forgotten flower

In May of this year I was getting the weeds out of the flower bed behind the house and found a tiny hidden Chrysanthemum plant.  I didn't remember that I'd bought it or that I even had it, but I'm sure I did buy it a few years ago, because this was a cow pasture before we moved back here, and mums don't grow in pastures.  I had the tiller in that flower bed and almost gone right over it.  In fact, I've had the tiller in that bed every spring, so it amazes me that the little plant was still alive. 


You don't see a lot of mums blooming in May, but there it was.  Maybe it put on those blooms in hopes I would see it and stop trying to kill it with the tiller.  I moved it to a spot at the far end of the flower bed and watched it grow.

  

Look at it now!


We won't talk about the poinsettia I dug out of the garden and brought inside, though.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:40 PM

    The little mum that just wouldn't give up! Beautiful when cared for properly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:44 PM

    Comment by David Twente who failed to login first. 😉🤭

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it’s not little now— big and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely a good save! I find it so satisfying when I save a plant!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!