Thursday, October 19, 2023

Meet my friend from the Ukraine.

I remember when I discovered Meesha's blog.  There was a group of bloggers in and around Kansas City who shared their websites, and that's how I discovered Kansas City with the Russian Accent.  I met him once, long ago, when he and his daughter came out to our place.  We're friends on Facebook these days.  He has a great sense of humor.  

In yesterday's post I mentioned Meesha's recipe for borscht, and Leilani, commented, asking me to share it here.  Well, I'm going to do better than that.

He doesn't blog anymore, but the blog is still there in its entirety.  There are many Russian recipes in it, and they are easy to find:  You'll see the word "RECIPES" at the top of it, click, and go.

Meesha is close to the age of my children, I think; they are both in their fifties.  He came to the United States after he finished school and had done his bit as a soldier in his homeland.  I've gotten the idea he wasn't too fond of being a soldier.  There are lots of stories in his blog about what it was like living and growing up in Ukraine.

I want everyone to have a chance to peruse one of the most interesting blogs I've ever read, so I'll just give you the web address and you can thank me later.  

By the way, I thought he had been putting new things in it, but he says not.  I never did read the whole blog, just kind of hopped around different posts.  

 Kansas City with the Russian Accent

7 comments:

  1. My sister like you loved blogs that were written by folks with a background different from hers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love borscht and remember you writing about making it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My wife had a Russian colleague once upon a time that taught her how to make stuffed peppers. We still eat those a couple times a year, especially during bell pepper season in our garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have stuffed peppers a lot... not Russian style, though.

      Delete
  4. Thank you for posting the link. He is a great writer. He has some very interesting recipes besides the beet soup.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!