Sunday, May 21, 2023

Sunday Stealing

Stolen from The Book of Questions

1. When you tell a story, do you often exaggerate?  No, unless it's something like "the dog was running 90 miles an hour", which anybody would know couldn't  be true.

2. If a friend were almost always late, would you resent it or simply allow for it?  I would resent it, but I wouldn't say anything.  I just wouldn't count on them after that; especially if it's happened more than once.

3. Can you be counted on to be on time?  Yes, because Cliff hates being late as much as I do, and he's the driver.

4. When did you last yell at someone?  Why?  The only reason  I yell is to make sure Cliff heard me.  I don't recall yelling at anyone else.

5. If you could have free, unlimited service for five years from an extremely good cook, chauffeur, housekeeper, masseuse, or personal secretary, which would you choose?  I don't want any of these, although I'm sure a housekeeper would be great.  I just don't like other people going through my things.  And I love to cook.  I wouldn't like somebody else doing it.

6. Would you be willing to go to a slaughterhouse and kill a cow?  Do you eat meat?  Yes, I eat meat.  And I've been in a family-owned butcher shop many times, since Cliff worked there as a butcher.  Kill days were Mondays and Thursdays, and while I don't like the smell of blood and guts, I have been in there while they were working.  We once had a Jersey cow with mastitis (an infection of the udder, sort of).  There are things to do that will get rid of mastitis, but nothing worked on her.  So Cliff butchered her in our garage rather than simply euthanizing her.  I loved that cow, but I knew my  husband would kill her without making  her suffer.  I had no problem eating the meat.  

7. Do you feel ill at ease going alone to either diner or a movie?  What about going on a vacation by yourself?  No.  When I lived by myself in an apartment in Kansas City, I rode the bus downtown to go to movies or shows.  I saw Peter, Paul, and Mary and The Kingston Trio by myself.  As for vacations, when I was working and had more money, I flew to several Christian chat room get-togethers alone (even for my first time flying!!!) and another time I spent a week with an Internet friend near Washington DC... she has also visited us twice.  I consider those trips as vacations.  Here's another:  When I secured my job at Kohl's, it wasn't to start for about three weeks.  A friend at the church I attended invited me to go on a mission trip to Mexico.  She and her group were clowns and would entertain the children.  So I became "gofer" for five clowns for five days.  Not because I was trying to save anybody... but I wanted a vacation, and had never been to Mexico.  

8. Would you like to be famous?  In what way?  No, because I'd go crazy having to be around people all the time... and if you are famous, there will be people around.

9. Would you rather play a game with someone more or less talented than you?   I'm not competitive, so it wouldn't matter either way.  

10. Is there something you've dreamed of doing for a long time?  Why haven't you done it?  I've always wanted to go to the northeast of the United States and see Niagara Falls, the Liberty Bell, Maine in the fall, and so forth.   I  haven't done it because for most of my life, we couldn't afford it.  And at this point in my life, I can't walk long enough for some of the touring you do on a vacation like that.

11. If you were at a friend's house for Thanksgiving dinner and found a dead cockroach in your salad, what would you do?  I wouldn't let on; I'm not sure if I'd keep eating or not.  When I was a kid we had cockroaches in the old house my parents bought.  She sprayed so much Stanley Sure-Kill, it's a wonder any of us lived through  it, but the only one that died was my parakeet.

12. Would you accept $10,000 to shave your head and continue your normal activities sans hat or wig without explaining the reason for your haircut?  Yes, I think I could do that.

13. If you were able to wake up tomorrow in the body of someone else, would you do so?  Whom would you pick?  I'll keep my own body, thank you.  Aches, pains, and all.

14. If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?  I was loved by my parents.   Looking back, I  wouldn't change anything, even the going to church three times a week.

15. What, if anything, is  too serious to be joked about?  It depends on who is around.  When it's just my husband and me, we do a lot of dark humor and improper words and phrases.

 

6 comments:

  1. If I really want to do something, I'll go alone but mostly I prefer someone to share the experience with. I would like to wake up in my 40 year old body.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever blogged about that trip to Mexico? I would love to read it! Traveling with a group of clowns would be an experience for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the guards at the border got a kick out of it. I didn't dress up like a clown, but the others did. I'm sure they had never seen a clown driving through.

      Delete
  3. Yeah. I understand #10!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL your last answer sounds like my house. My husband and I have no limits when it's the two of us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i LOVE Niagara Falls. Specifically, I love being between two countries when I cross the bridge. I hate to admit but the Canadian side is more impressive. Last week, my 70 y.o. body with bone-on-bone knees went to France, my first trip to Europe; I sat down a LOT!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!