Wednesday, May 24, 2023

I've been busy

I still have strawberries, although there aren't as many big ones now.  I've shared some with neighbors and we've been eating far more sugared strawberries and shortcake than anybody should.   All that bending over to pick the berries doesn't bother my back; I've never had back trouble.  However, there's something about bending over that really troubles my knees, especially the replaced knee.  

I still go out mornings to see what's coming up or growing in the garden.  I carry the hoe around with me so I can get any weeds I see.  I imagine in a week I'll be having the grandson mow my berries.  I'll start a row somewhere else in the garden, and till what's left of the old patch several  times.  I'll plant vegetables in the old patch next year, or maybe even this year.   There will be strawberries coming up in the old patch for a couple of years, but they'll finally disappear.

Cliff goes tomorrow for his left-ear cochlear implant.  The grandson is off work for a while due to an injury on his right arm, so he will take Cliff to the hospital; I won't be there because I have a dental appointment I really can't miss, and Cliff said he's anxious to get this implant over with.  Believe me, I don't like not being there with him, but he would have had to wait much longer if he had passed up this opportunity.

We aren't doing anything special for Memorial Day, unless we decide to visit my parents' grave at some point.

That's about all that's happening here. 

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on the left ear cochlear implant! Hooray! Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exciting that the 2nd implant is getting done! It doesn't seem that long ago that he had the first one. So nice for him to be able to hear! My late dad was hard of hearing but refused to do anything about it; I am constantly telling my mom that there's no need to shout. She got used to VERY loud talking when he was alive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:10 PM

    Yes, I wear hearing aids and wonder about those implants.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:11 PM

    And this is Margie..not anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:12 PM

    I am not Anonymous! I am Margie. My comment did not publish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:15 PM

    My comment did not publish. I am not Anonymous. I am Margie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. not doing anything here except going through some old cds. you never know what you might find.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!