Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Even cats can write poetry

 I was in a silly mood this morning, so when I came inside from the garden, I decided to write a poem for Blue, the cat.  In honor of his poetry, I placed him at the top of my blog this morning.  The poem is getting a lot of likes on Facebook.  It's all in fun, it isn't a great poem.  But people who like cats will see the truth in it.

MY STORY by Blue the Cat
I'm the greatest cat you'll ever meet.
If you see me walking down the street
You'd wish you had a cat like me:
I'm strong and smart and wild and free.
I can sit on a chair that I call my throne.
If you don't like me, just leave me alone.
I have two people who serve me well.
They are faithful slaves and they think I'm swell.
I can climb up a post when the dogs come running...
They're only jealous cause I'm so stunning.
Dogs often put me put me to the test,
But they know my slaves love me best.
I've killed five hundred mice and moles.
We smart cats always meet our goals.
I can work in the garden; I can climb a tree.
Don't you wish you had a cat like me?



2 comments:

  1. Great Ode to Blue! I haven't written any poems about Mari yet.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!