Saturday, October 29, 2022

What have you traded?

A QUESTIONABLE TRADE

Donna Wood

October 29, 2022



I’m all alone in the house today

Except for the dog and cat.

My Mac computer is put away.  

I’ve a peaceful habitat


Some years ago I’d have used this time

For a muse’s visitation.

She’d guide my thoughts and help me rhyme;

We’d watch a poem’s formation.


And sometimes, I can remember well

How a tune would come to mind.

The words and the music would start to gel,

Impeccably intertwined.


I do enjoy my computer play

And the unseen friends I’ve met.

But my creativity’s gone away,

Replaced by the Internet.

2 comments:

  1. I think our peace has gone away thanks to the internet. The creativity is still there in a different way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made that rare too.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!