Sunday, October 30, 2022

Sunday Stealing

1. What did you do today?  Went to the Methodist Church at 9, then walked to the Baptist Church for their services; I enjoy going to church.  

2. Five things about where you live.  My town, Wellington, a little over one mile from my house, has less than 900 people.  When we moved here the town had a grocery store, a drug store, a hardware store, a bank, and a gas station.  All of those are gone now, but we do have a school.  A lot of the longtime residents are of German heritage.  We've lived here since 1975. 

3. What are the must-sees sights around you?  Lexington, 10 miles to our east, has the Battle of Lexington State Park, and many antebellum homes.  Thirty miles west of us, Kansas City, Missouri, has lots to offer:  The Kansas City Chiefs, the Truman Library, the National World War I Museum and Memorial, the Arabia Steamboat Museum, and so many more things to do and places to go.  Don't forget about Kansas City Barbecue!

4. What’s your favorite restaurant meal?  In Buckner, thirteen miles to our west, there is an Italian restaurant that you wouldn't expect to find in a one-horse town.  We don't go there often, but we surely do enjoy it when we do.  

5. What was the last thing you cooked or ate?  I ate some grapes when I got home from church, then had a few almonds.  That was so I wouldn't starve to death until we eat at 2 P.M.  

6. What is something you learned from your grandparents?  I learned how to make noodles at my grandmother's house.  

7. What’s the weather like as you are writing your postcard?  63 and cloudy.

8. Share an interesting fact you’ve learned, that most people are unaware of.  Interesting?  I'm afraid not.  But this morning I found out that cottonwood trees can be male or female, and the male cottonwood tree doesn't give off cotton.  

8. Are there any local events or festivals in your area?  Our town as well as the surrounding ones all have some sort of fair every year.  Of course, the high school football game is a big deal, too.  

9. What was the last concert you attended?  If you're talking about the really big concerts, I imagine the last one I attended was Green Day with one of my granddaughters.  

10. What is your favorite charitable organization?  City Union Mission in Kansas City.  

7 comments:

  1. It was good of you to take your granddaughter to a concert!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was actually my second time at a Green Day concert. The first time, three grandkids went along. I love the crowd action at those kinds of concerts.

      Delete
  2. I've been reading your blog for a long time and enjoyed learning about your town. Mine is bigger and has a daffodil festival and the state fair. It can get busy around here in September and then in the spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool to live in such a small town. Also, I really love that you went to church at two different denominations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have two Green Day albums but never saw them in concert.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been reading your blog for a long time too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How embarrassing... I don't even know the Green Day group. I'll have to ask my granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!