Sunday, October 16, 2022

Sunday Stealing

SUNDAY STEALING

1. You are walking down the road and you look down. There is a bug. Do you step on it?  I don't make a big deal of trying not to step on it, but I wouldn't purposely step on a bug crawling on the ground.  Why bother? 

2. What is one fantasy that you want to come true more than any other?  That people and countries could get along.  Not that I think that will ever happen.   

3. Someone knocks on your door. Do you look out the window to see who it is before you open it? Do you open it regardless of who it is?  We don't get many door knockers.  We're in a rural area, and from the road, nobody can see our trailer house; it's behind a barn.  But if someone does knock on the door, I just open it.  No surprises so far. 

4. Have you ever eaten Play-Doh?  We didn't have play-Doh when I was a child... just plain old clay.  I probably licked it at some time or other, since I recall licking glue of that old-fashioned glue that looked like it had a nipple on it when I was 5 or 6; I even remember how awful it tasted; it had some sweetness to it, but it was horrible.  And yet, I think I licked it more that once.  That was back at Skinner School in Iowa, around 1950.  

5. What was your favorite Saturday morning cartoon as a child?  We didn't have a television until I was 13 years old, and even then, I don't recall watching cartoons.  When my mom took me to the movies, though, I liked Bugs Bunny cartoons.

6. Are you a people watcher?  Sometimes, in a crowd where there's nothing else to do.  But in a shopping situation I don't look at people and hope they don't look at me. 

7. I have a bowl of fruit. There are apples, oranges & pears. You help yourself to one. Which one do you choose?  I like oranges (if they're sweet) and pears, but in this situation I'd take the pear because I wouldn't want to have to peel the orange. 

8. What is your biggest pet peeve in the blogging world?  I don't think I have a pet peeve in the blogging world.

9. What was the last really funny movie you watched?  I don't watch many funny movies.  One of my favorite movies is "Little Big Man", and I love the humor in that one, although in many ways it's a serious movie.

10. What word do you use far too often?  I'm sure I use some, but I need somebody to tell me what they are.  In blogging, I have to watch myself or I'll use "and" too much, when I should make a new sentence. 

11. How long do you spend in the shower?  No idea, but no longer than I have to. 

12. What is something that you've never done that you secretly are dying to do?  I'd like to take a few group bus trips to places I've never seen.

13. Your favorite flavor of soup is….?  If we're talking canned soup,  
it would be Campbell's Soup made with milk, not water.  I guess my favorite that I make from scratch is hamburger soup, being sure to add cabbage and barley with the other ingredients.

14. You are sitting on a bench in the park and a bug walks in front of your feet….  As long as it isn't bothering me, like an ant crawling up my leg or a fly that's landing on me, why bother?

I got this quiz from Sunday Stealing.

5 comments:

  1. Orange peels make me more likely to take the apple or pear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I were at home I might take the orange. Otherwise no.

      Delete
  2. I love Bugs Bunny. Loved your answers!
    Have a nice day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, peeling the orange would be problematic during a visit, wouldn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the Roadrunner, prefer apples as long as they're high quality like Cosmic Crisps, don't squash bugs outside since it's where they live (in the house it's a different story) and am a dedicated people watcher/observer. For soup, I enjoy homemade chili in the winter.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!