Friday, October 28, 2022

Very random

My husband finally knows when he'll be getting his cochlear implant:  December 12.  Medicare insurance has approved it and both doctors, our regular one and the cardiologist, have given him the go-ahead.   However, he has missed two cardio appointments due to the fact that they remind him ahead of an appointment by text message, which he never looks at.  So he does have to go back there for a more thorough checkup.  The nurse-practitioner he saw yesterday told him he's a very unusual heart patient.  It's been eighteen years since his four-way bypass, and he hasn't had any problem except for a minor one a year or so ago.  People usually don't go that long after a heart surgery without needing something else done, like stents, for instance.  I do recall his first cardiologist telling him shortly after his surgery that he'd likely be needing something done in eight or ten years.

This morning I made some blueberry muffins from scratch.  Good stuff!  

Cliff has been skipping supper (dinner to you city folks).  He said it's getting easier now, so I'm going to start moving our noon meal (dinner) to around 2 PM.  That way he won't have so long to go without eating.  I quit eating anything after 4:30 some time ago, but I do sometimes eat some fruit or nuts or something before I start my nighttime fast.  I eat all I want at our dinner, though, and often more than I should.  So far I seem to be staying at my same weight.

We did some shopping yesterday, since we were in Blue Springs for the cardiologist anyway.  The shortage of the week was cream, apparently.  Neither Aldi or Walmart had cream in the coolers.  These days I never know what the stores will be missing on my list.

After reading five David Rosenfelt books, I finally got a book I've had on hold for a long time:  Take My Hand by Dolen Perkins-Valdez.  I'm liking it so far.

I don't usually listen to music in the morning, but something made me think of Aretha Franklin today; so I put Alexa to work for about an hour by making her play Aretha songs.  I didn't pay attention to all the lyrics, but I sure enjoyed her sound in the background.  I'll bet that woman never sang a sour note in her life.

Speaking of Alexa, she has started answering me back without her name being called again.  Here's how it goes:  I say, "Alexa, what's the weather for today?"  She tells me, and then I say, "Thank you," and she comes back immediately with "You're welcome."  It won't be long before she takes over the whole house; if that happens, she had better be cleaning house for me.

And now I have you wondering about me thanking a device, right?  Hey, I do it all the time.  I don't get out much, and it entertains me.

It's going to be a boring weekend:  Our Kansas City Chiefs aren't playing.

If you've managed to read this far, you've realized you wasted five minutes of your life you'll never get back.     

Peace.      

5 comments:

  1. I read the entire post. Wasn’t a waste of time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't call it a waste but yes, I'll never see those five minutes again. By the way, from what I understand happens in mainland Europe is a similar eating schedule. They favor two larger meals a day, one in the morning and one in the afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a waste of time! Your European way of eating is healthier than those who eat heavy meals later in the evening. I'm a snacker/grazer at night so that would be tough for me. Glad to hear that Cliff's surgery is scheduled. As you already know, I was impressed with that book and everyone at Book Club enjoyed it too. Hope you do as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wrote a post about a nightmare I had about Alexa which is scheduled for November 4th unless I move it again. We have noticed when I tell her to STOP when she asks if I want to subscribe to something that she will have a last word before quitting. That's awesome about Cliff. It's a good idea to eat the main meal at midday. I wish we could but my mother is set in her ways and has to have that main meal at our dinner (supper?).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you mentioned having a post for November, because I thought you had stopped blogging. Apparently when I moved from Bloglovin to Feedly to keep up with the blogs I read, I neglected to add you to the list! I'm glad you're still blogging! It's nice to have an Internet friend who lives in Hawaii.

      Delete

I love comments!