Thursday, August 13, 2009

Speaking of living dangerously...


Last night my oldest grandson, his girl friend, my thirteen-year-old granddaughter Monica and myself attended a Green Day concert.

What energy! It was so much fun, I can't even tell you.


There was a lot of arm waving.


And jumping (that's granddaughter Monica jumping).

The grandson drove around for awhile trying to decide where we should park.

We drove within sight of Sprint Center and found a nearby parking garage.

Ready to enter!

There were lots of fireworks and fire!

I knew there were supposed to be "no cameras allowed", but I figured, what the heck? Most people have cameras on their cell phones, and they can't confiscate those. Surely I can sneak my camera in. I put it snugly at the bottom of my purse, beneath my billfold and checkbook, under the old grocery lists I always forget to throw away.

"What will they do if they find it?" I asked the grandson.

"They'll make you take it back to the car."

"Oh; well, if that happens, you'll do that for me, right?"

I'm not sure he liked that idea, but he agreed. He really didn't think they'd search my purse... until they made a lady ahead of him dump the contents of her purse out so they could check it out.

"Grandma, get in front of me, in case I have to take your camera back to the car," he whispered.

The man took a quick peek inside my purse and waved me through. Whew. I guess they figured somebody as old as I am wouldn't break the law.

Not that I got any pictures or videos worth bragging about anyhow, but hey! It's the idea! I spent a lot of Cliff's hard-earned money on that concert.


Once the show started, we noticed that lots of people had sneaked cameras in successfully.

Not that I'd make a habit of going to rock concerts (Green Day is "alternative rock", right?), but if I won free tickets, I'd do it again.

To see a video of one of my Green Day favorites, click HERE. Or HERE (that one is really pretty).

7 comments:

  1. I've only ever been to one concert in my life like that. I guess it was a highlight of my Christmas a couple of years ago. However, one was enough for me. Glad you enjoyed it. If you are spending $$$ for it you better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have stuck it in my BRA. At my age, believe me, they don't want to look in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make me laugh! hahaha Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:13 PM

    Oops, forgot the Texas thingy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad y'all had a good time.

    Those links you listed are my fave Green Day songs so far.

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so "cool" that you do this with the grand kids. And yep, I'm sure they KNOW how "cool" their Grandma is. They will NEVER forget these things you do for them.

    And I'm sure you had a great time too.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Sonya

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of my most successful moments was when I took my daughter, Kelly, and her best friend Brittany to see the Spice Girls. Not only did I successfully sneak in a professional camera but also a 80 - 200 zoom lens. Got great pictures of a really memorable event. I was not a Spice Girls fan.... but I am a hugh fan of giggly 8 year olds!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!