Friday, January 18, 2008

I'm floating away!

Everything I read in newspapers and magazines and on the Internet tells me to drink water. LOTS of water.

Since I'm a flylady fan, I have her nagging at me to drink water; it's supposed to help with weight loss. Don't ask me how my number one housekeeping motivator got caught up in fitness; all I know is that she calls any extra pounds I'm carrying "body clutter" and pushes water; she even convinced me to buy one of her special water bottles.

I go to Sparkpeople to log my calories and nutrition, and I get nagged at again. Eight glasses of water is the daily goal. It's supposed to keep my skin youthful and supple (it ain't workin') and keep my appetite at bay (whatever).

I usually drink my quota.

Now you might think all liquids count as "water". Oh no; coffee and tea and other caffeinated beverages are actually diuretics, so they add to your need for water.

So I drink at least three cups of coffee in the morning, a couple of cups of green tea each day, sometimes a Diet Cherry Coke with my evening popcorn, and eight glasses of water.

And Cliff wonders why I'm always hunting up a bathroom everywhere we go?

Well, at least I'm hydrated.

6 comments:

  1. I never seem to be able to get all those glasses of water down each day. Maybe about half but then I drink Diet Co*ke and ginger ale. I've got to go now and check out the Flylady, I need help! Of course if I would stay off the computer and do my housework I would be all caught up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 64 ounces of water is a LOT! Thats 4 standard (16.9)bottles of water. I usually manage at least 2, but that's only because I buy the Propel Lemon flavored packs to put in (hey, they add vitamins and good stuff!). Recently I found the grape in the flavored packs, Mmmmmm. I occasionally buy the flavored waters at the store, I -do- up the amount of water I drink that way, but they are expensive! I've been looking at those bottles that you fill and they keep track of how much you drink each day and nag you about it. That's probably the only way I'll get enough.

    LOL! Between the pedometer I wear to make sure I walk enough and then a water bottle to yell at me, I'll feel pretty put upon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are supposed to count water in foods too. Now they say that the water in coffee does counts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been there! I was in the bathroom on the hour almost.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Most days I don't drink nearly enough water, but I have a feeling I'm goig to get all mine and then some today. We had some bacon for supper with our butter peas, corn and fried corn bread and it was as salty as salt pork! I finished 2 diet Cokes, a 16 oz. glass of water, I'm drinking coffee now and I'm still thirsty! Sloshing, but thirsty.

    Thanks for your visit and comment on my blog today. Welcome, and come back anytime.

    I enjoyed my visit here as I read through your latest posts. Enjoy your popcorn.....and enjoy your popcorn....and enjoy... LOL! ;o)

    Have a great weekend. Stay warm and take care of Blue and the other horses. Looks like you're going to get some snow along with the frigid cold temps.

    Hugs,

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I do well on drinking water I feel better, but I've been bad lately. And paying for it.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!