Friday, January 04, 2008

A horse needs a good roll on the ground

It wasn't the best day for a ride, but with the way the weather's been, I decided to grab my opportunity.


I'm not sure why, but it seems the skies are loaded with geese any time we go outside. We even hear them squawking during the night, if we happen to step out. (Click on the picture to see the geese better... and yeah, that's the gloomy old sun.)

I rode as far as the Missouri River before heading back home.

There's still snow in the shaded spots. After Blue's done all that work and had a bite of grain, he figures a good old-fashioned roll on the ground is in order. He never fails to do this.

He's really good at it, too.

Oh yeah! That scratches all the itchy spots where the saddle was.

Life is good!

OK, he's done.

Once he shakes the dust off, he's as good as new.

5 comments:

  1. There's nothing like a good roll in the dirt to make a guy feel good! Mine do the same thing, they have special places in the pasture that they keep the grass from growing there as they roll there so much. They even roll after a good bath which makes me mad so sometimes I keep them in their stall till they dry out! No baths now though, it has been sooooo cold the last couple of days! Hopefully tomorrow will be out of the single digits when we go to the stable to visit the guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photo of the snow covered road. Beautiful!
    Blessings,
    ~Toni~

    ReplyDelete
  3. great photos. Blue has the right idea! but dang, he sure looks dirty now.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:28 PM

    I'm so envious. I want to go out and have a good roll!

    (oops...does that sound right???)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful horse! My great dane rolls like that on the living room rug.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!