Sunday, June 18, 2023

Sunday Stealing

SUNDAY STEALING


1) What is your favorite way to spend a lazy day?  Reading, taking naps, streaming television shows I like... Wait!  That's what I do most every day!


2) What do you look forward to every week?  All the early mornings 

 

3) Name three pet peeves you currently have:  People putting "apostrophe S" on a plural word.  Mothers who yell at the top of their lungs at their children.  And people who constantly whine about one thing and another and never have anything positive to say. 


4) If you were to win an all expense paid vacation for two weeks to anywhere in the world, where would you choose to go?  I've always thought I'd love to see England, Ireland, and Scotland.  Such a long, long past those countries have!  What are some of the things you would like to experience while you were there?  I'd just want to see the castles and all the other old, historic places.


5) What was one of your favorite toys as a kid?  I recall a farm set I had with a metal barn and plastic cows and horses and fences.  I also liked a kid-sized tent I got for my birthday one time, because when I pretended I was an Indian, I also pretended the tent was a teepee.  Did you save any special things from your childhood that you still have today?  I was spoiled, and not very good about putting things up.  That's somewhat true of me even now... I recall Boyde, a long-ago friend of ours, saying, "You don't care about anything, do you?"  I guess he was referring to the fact I don't care about fancy new houses or lots of nice clothes and such.  In other  words, I'm pretty happy with whatever I have and don't worry about things I don't have.  So no, I don't have any toys from my childhood, but it doesn't matter.


6) What is your favorite holiday? It used to be Fourth of July when I was a kid.  Once I grew up, it was Thanksgiving.  These days, I don't have one.  What is your least favorite holiday?  I know this will sound strange, but after my carefree childhood was over, I could have done without Christmas.  For years I went into a mild depression as Christmas approached.  These days I tend to just ignore it.


7) Have you ever met anyone famous? 

One Easter we went to visit our son and his family in Georgia.  Cliff and I went to Maranatha Baptist in Plains, Georgia, and sat in with his Sunday School class.  He and his wife were willing to stand with each group of visitors for a picture when Church was over.  Cliff and I were both at our heaviest weights at the time, but I still treasure that picture, and I do love Jimmy Carter.


What concerts have you attended?  Oh my, a lot.  Peter, Paul, and Mary; the Kingston Trio; Willie Nelson, George Jones, Jerry Lee Lewis... many country singers, too many to mention.  And I've went to several Van's Warped Tours with grandkids after some of them were old enough to drive.  My granddaughter and I almost got caught up in crowd surfing once.  She was more scared than I was!  I've seen Green Day twice, too.  My knees won't let me go to Warped Tour now, but it was so much fun with all those young, enthusiastic people around.

8) Are there any expressions that people use that really annoy you? .If so, what are they?  People who say "whatever" in each sentence, or "like".

9) Do you like your name?   It's OK.  Are you named after anyone?  My middle name is Margaleen because my mother knew someone with that name.  So far, I've never met anyone else with that name.  Is there a story how you got your name?  Nothing I know of; I guess my mom just liked the name Donna.  It must have been really popular, because there were a lot of Donnas in my high school around my age. Would you change it if you could?  No, it's as good as any other name. If so, what name would you give yourself?  No idea

10) It is said that it's the little things that make life worth living. Name five of those little things in your life.  ice cream; a good dog; children; a garden; early mornings, especially sunrises; coffee; silence... I could go on for a long time, but I'll stop.


7 comments:

  1. I was in a store last month. The kid was just walking around in a meter wide circle, a bit bored while waiting for his dad to buy beer. The dad cursed out the kid. I was SO mad because I didn't think there was anything I could say that would rectify the situation.
    On the other hand, I have surrendered to the poor use of the apostrophe, specifically its/it's; I've explained it to intelligent people but it's a lost cause.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, the constant use of "whatever" or "like" is indeed an aggravation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That photo of the two of you and the Carters is a keeper!

    I'm incredibly impressed at your youthful concert experiences, even as a grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:00 AM

    My pet peeve is people who enjoy the attention they get when they are sick and make a point of
    "being sick" a lot. And I am Margie from Margie's Musings...not Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna, it’s really a good pictureof you. Love Jimmy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have too many pet peeves so I try not to focus on them at all. Being positive can be a struggle for me if I don't! Love the photo with the Carters. They are such admirable people. I'm with you on Christmas (as you already know) and I loved Scotland. I still want to visit Ireland!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!