Friday, June 30, 2023

A couple of animal pictures

 First of all, the cat, not because he's my favorite, but because he thinks he is.  I bought a half-dead catnip plant that Walmart wanted rid of, because Blue the cat loves catnip toys.  Cliff drove into the garage when we got home, and I set the potted plant on the cement floor so I could help get groceries in before I took care of the plant.  When I went out again, he had knocked the pot over and was shoving his face in the plant.

I decided I'd better hurry up and get it in the ground. 


He was laying halfway on it for at least an hour, but I didn't think he was bothering it any more, although it didn't really seem to be thriving as it should.  Cliff came in a couple days ago and said, "Your cat is laying in that plant, smashing it."

So this is the fix I'm trying.  I cut the bottom out of an ice cream pail and put it around the catnip.


  Here's hoping.

And I'll leave you with another picture:

The two doodle dogs belong to our grandson next door.  The black boy is Klouse, the one next to my husband is Bonnie.  Of course that 18-pounder is my dog, Gabe.  When any of these three hear the side-by-side starting up, they run and jump in.  The only female of the crew is Bonnie, and she makes sure she is always sitting next to the driver.  Gabe generally ends up sitting on the floor. 

16 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:14 AM

    I’ve learned something today. I didn’t know you could buy and grow catnip ? Awesome..Gabby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, it's a member of the mint family.

      Delete
  2. Mari loves catnip and hasn't had any for a while. She gets very drugged and silly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blue is like an alcoholic. He tries to get his whole body in it.

      Delete
  3. I love the picture of the dogs!! I ordered some catnip. My Martha, the boy cat is gone now, but the catnip had insect repellent qualities, so ... There are two feral cats I see from time to time either at dawn or dusk. One is white and the other looks like a tortoise in color. I havetried to give them food (unbeknownst to HeWho), but they clearly have been feral from the time they were born. I hope they don't decide to wallow in my catnip!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of you when I put this picture on this entry. I knew you'd enjoy it. Part of the reason I like to have dogs and cats around me is that they make me laugh, and we need to laugh, living in this crazy world.

      Delete
  4. The DogMobile is adorable. Better living that the Queen's corgis. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to laugh every time I see them all riding.

      Delete
  5. So if the catnip gets established it can be pretty invasive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In that particular spot, it doesn't matter much.

      Delete
  6. My dog loves to ride too. If I go without him, I have to lock him in the crate in the house. Then he howls forlornly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is quite a load of critters. The cat nip should do well. It is a member of the mint family, and spreads like none other. The flowers will be making seeds for next years crop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's like my lemon mint. If I didn't run the tiller over it in the garden, it would take over.

      Delete
  8. David Remley9:52 AM

    I love animal pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks like a good fix for the catnip, although I suspect the cat will find a way to it eventually!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!