Sunday, June 04, 2023

Sunday Stealing

 SUNDAY STEALING

Stolen from the Internet

1. What are your plans for June
Trying to have a nice garden in a drought. 
 
2. Your mid year resolutions or goals
To see my sister before this month is over

3. Are you good at taking care of plants
Outside, pretty good.  House plants... not good

4. What makes you feel nourished
The sunrise

5. Which animals do you see most in your area
If that means wild animals, it would be a toss between raccoons and possums.

6. Books on your summer reading list
Whatever I find that interests me.  

7. Projects you want to tackle this summer
I'm really tired and my body aches.  I don't want new projects.

8. Do you have weddings, graduations, summer celebrations
I  never cared for weddings and graduations.  Our one summer celebration is around the Fourth of July when our son in Georgia visits us.  It used to be a big deal, with fireworks and all, but now it's just our family and no fireworks except what the children can play with.

9. Which summer snacks are you excited to enjoy again
Corn on the cob, fresh green beans, fried okra, and Harvard beets.  We've already  enjoyed our strawberries and are done with them.

10. How much time do you like to take for vacations
Anything longer that a week, I get homesick.  We usually just take two or three days off, because I miss my garden and my dog and cats when we're gone

11. How much has changed since last summer?
I've gotten older.  That changes lots of things.

12. Something that would be out of character for you
Dressing up and going out dancing.  LOL

13. What do you miss about winter?
NOTHING!

14. Your favorite free / cost effective ways to have fun
Tending the garden.

15. Who do you trust most to house & pet sit
Nobody.  I take him to Bed and Bones, where they spoil him so much, he gets excited on the way there.

7 comments:

  1. I'm with you on #3. There are so many projects on my "should" list that it's overwhelming. I read whatever my book club choice is plus one mystery or other recreational book. Right now my recreational read is the latest in the Dana Stabenow Kate Shugak series. It is set in Alaska in the Park with lots of interweaving of native cultures plus a mystery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm reading the first book in the Ruth Galloway series. I think I saw it mentioned on your blog.

      Delete
    2. I really like Ruth and the forensic archeology stuff and I hope you do too!

      Delete
  2. I don't need new projects. The old ones are still there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Projects are painful as we age, aren't they? Whew.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!