Friday, June 23, 2023

Busy times

It seems like we have someplace to go at least every other  day, although there is only one appointment for Cliff next week, as far as I know; that's for having both his Cochlear implants checked by the doctor.  That's in Lee's Summit, which is a lot easier to get to than St. Luke's in Kansas City.  I don't think there has been one time when we got there without at least making a wrong turn or two.  Thank goodness the GPS on Cliff's phone corrects our mistakes and gets us there on time.  Cliff has never liked city driving, but he's done a lot of that lately.  Anyway, my mind has not been on my blog.  

We are also anticipating our son's visit for July Fourth; he's bringing his wife and granddaughter this time, since granddaughter Lyndsay couldn't take off work for the trip.  But we will see her daughter, Maelynn (May for short).  So I've been stocking up groceries for the cooking I'll be doing.  I'm never sure how many I'll be cooking for:  I usually do two meals a day, breakfast and dinner.  The grandson and his lady will be here every day for breakfast too, I imagine, and my daughter and her husband often join us since they live nearby.  

It just occurred to me I had better put yeast on the list, because I'll be making cinnamon rolls; I seldom make them any other time except when Jim comes.

Well, that's me, just checking in.  I'll get back to fixing our mid-day meal now.  I didn't get to my first head of cabbage from the garden, and today I found it had split open out there.  So I'm making Sweet and Sour beef and cabbage. 

Peace.

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like a wonderful family get together on the horizon. I'm a bit envious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know cabbage would split in the garden. I thought it just kept getting bigger or sat there. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew it, but wanted that cabbage to get as big as it could! Since it just split overnight, it was still good..

      Delete
  3. Anonymous3:00 PM

    I remember Blue and your graveyard rides. I looked forward to them.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!