Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Rachel's Song

I hesitate even now to do this entry, since it has me singing.  I was never a "great" singer.  

I think my daughter was five or six years old when she asked me if wishing wells really work, and I told her they didn't.  After that conversation, though, I thought about how happy I was at that stage of my life and wrote a song.  It isn't the best tune I've ever chosen for a song.  At 78 years old, you will hear me straining for the higher notes, and I hit a lot of flat notes.  That's not an apology, it's just how it is.  I'm not trying to get people to tell me I'm better that I think I am.  :D

I practiced with my guitar, trying to get through the words correctly.  Frustrated, I thought, "I'm no musician; why don't I just do the song without the guitar, since my guitar strumming is as bad as my voice or worse.  So I'm doing it "raw".  You will see I have a notebook in my hands because for some reason I kept messing up the words on the last chorus.

I should add that it isn't a nightgown I'm wearing; when the weather gets warm, I have a closet full of what I call my "hippy dresses", loose garments that are comfortable and cool.  I wear them here at home all the time in summer, but change clothes if I'm going any further than the mailbox.  


I won't guarantee that this post will be here long.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:22 AM

    Oh, thank you! What a perfect outlook and very generous of you to gift it to us. I enjoy your blog, although I've never commented. - Faye (in Davis, CA)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a meaningful song and you perform it well! I love hearing your accent too. Very cool. I like that dress; it looks so comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always loved hearing you sing and play the guitar too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love when you sing. I love when you sing with your guitar too. Keep singing to us!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!