Monday, April 03, 2023

Strange weather

I should be used to "strange" weather, since that's what Missouri seems to excel in.  I just have an uneasy feeling we're going to end up with another dry summer.  We have a lot of days when it rains, but for the most part, we're lucky to get 2/10ths of an inch each time.  After moving the soaker hose all over creation last year, I've resolved not to do it this year.  I do have some seeds coming up; that's the good news.  Also, the fire my husband started in my garden did not hurt the strawberry plants; there are little green plants coming up all over the burned-black area.

I'm feeling a little out of sorts right now, and I'm not sure why.  Oh, there are some family things that are bothering me, and Facebook is getting on my nerves again as one by one I stop following certain people again.  The world situations aren't the best now, either.  But we're all in that mess together!     

I'm just a grumpy old woman, nobody special, and I should be super thankful for my health, my home, and my life; actually, I am thankful.  

I'm reading a relatively new book about Paul Newman that is holding my interest just fine; a lot of it is in his own words, and there are also comments here and there from his friends and family.  I'm sharing part of a review I found HERE

Newman, who died in 2008 at age 83, began working on a memoir in 1986 with a pal and confidant, writer Stewart Stern. After several years of effort that included recorded interviews with relatives, friends and colleagues, their project began to drift. Newman’s daughters Melissa and Clea decided to turn that raw material into a book punctuated by first-person accounts by others, including Newman’s first wife as well as his second, actress Joanne Woodward. The result is a brutally frank reflection on a life filled with self-doubt.

My Arkansas Blogger friend at Galla Creek mentioned she had read the book, so I found it in the digital library and checked it out for myself.  

I think Gabe and I will go for a short walk back to the point.

Peace.


8 comments:

  1. I’m glad you are enjoying the book. I wasn’t lucky this week at the library. I didn’t find much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about Facebook AND family situations. Boy, can I relate! It's OK to be both thankful and frustrated. I am most of the time and feel like it's normal. I'm reading two books for Book Club--one I thought I would love at the beginning and then it got jumbled and lost its way, the other is about the early days of the pandemic, written in a conversational style about a divorced New York couple who end up sheltering in Maine. I'm loving that one so far even though the writing isn't my usual style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am fortunate that most of my Facebook friends don't get political, at least on Facebook. But I have deleted a lot of people over the years simple because they never post anything about themselves and just forward on memes that I don't care to read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have really just sort of backed away from facebook. It is troubling. Don't you wish you could just gather all the kindred souls together to drink a hot cup and sensible talk. It would do us a world of good I think. We get the idea that everyone has gone crazy, but we haven't. Some folks are just louder than others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Trouble is, we don't argue with the other side much because they don't ever listen to another opinion. They're hopeless. Fake news and all.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous9:48 PM

      I have tried twice to make a comment but they will not post,. This is Margie from Margie's Musings... not Anonymous!!

      Delete
  5. Anonymous9:43 PM

    I too have backed away from Facebook. So much of it is just too troubling. And thi is Margie from Margie's Musings....not Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:45 PM

    Yes, I too have backed away from facebook. Much of it is just too troubling! And this is Margie from Margie's Musings...not Anonymour!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!