Sunday, December 04, 2022

Sunday afternoon

So far today I've been to my two churches, came home and made sausage and pancakes for dinner, and read my book while Cliff was watching a couple of football games I didn't care about.  Now the Chiefs are playing the Bengals, and this game is pretty important to us:  Our Chiefs lost twice early this year to the Bengals, and they really need to win this one, if only for their egos.  I'll be blogging during the commercials.  I have to say, it isn't looking good.  Cincinnati opened with a touchdown.

We've had some pretty cold weather.  Until my knees got so achy, I was walking every day in the winter unless it was ridiculously cold, but now I just hate getting out in the frigid air.  This old gray mare ain't what she used to be, I'm ashamed to say.  I don't do a lot lately.  I'm thankful for books I get free from the library, because I read plenty.  I need to ride the recumbent bike today, but I don't know if I'll want to after the game is over; from what's happened so far, I may be in a state of depression by then, and choose to crawl in a hole.  Ha!   

Cliff's cardiologist has him scheduled for some tests Tuesday; he isn't having any problems, but he's gone three or four years without having those procedures, so it's time.  Meanwhile, I'm now taking atorvastatin.  I refused to take it for four years, but decided I'd best stop being so hard-headed.  Cliff has been taking it ever since his open heart surgery in 2006, and he's been problem free all this time.   

Well, this game has gotten better, but it still could go either way.  Meanwhile, I watch and hope with my pack:

These two are buddies to the bitter end.

He just got a haircut last week, and his head was cold. 

I hope we all have a great week ahead of us.

Peace.

3 comments:

  1. I had given up on the Seahawks but they managed to win. Hope the Chiefs did too! Cold and snowy here right now and it can go away QUICKLY. I'm over winter and it hasn't even started yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Depression is like a dirty blanket I crawl under in the winter. I tell myself not this winter, not again. But here I am under that old blanket again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Cliff, when it's cold I want my head covered. haha! I heard the Chiefs lost. Dang, Our Vikings won again. Not sure what has happened to them this year. I keep waiting for the normal losing to begin. Ugh! Wendy

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!