Wednesday, September 07, 2022

Too much information, I know

Because Cliff was never a hard-core dog lover, I am very aware of the fact that many people, probably some readers of my blog, don't care about the silly escapades dog owners go through with their "fur babies".  By the way, I've never called any dog my fur baby.  I've never put clothes on Gabe, either, unless you count the scarf the groomer puts around his neck after a haircut.  These are things that Cliff thinks are crazy, and loves to make jokes about.

Gabe seemed to feel fine yesterday, but still wanted to go out frequently.  I tried to follow him to check on his problem (diarrhea) but he ran under a fence and far into the pasture to do his business, so I didn't.  I do appreciate his wanting to keep that mess out of my yard, though.  I decided to sleep with Cliff last night, beside the dog kennel; I'm tired of cleaning up stinky messes three or four times a night.  I had been asleep for an hour when I woke up to find Cliff letting Gabe out; turns out Gabe was barking to be out, and I was sleeping so hard I didn't hear it.  With Cliff's lack of hearing, I'm surprised he heard it; he said it was the sort of thing where he thought he heard something and thought it might be the dog barking.

I did wake up the next two times Gabe barked:  once at 1 A.M. and again at 3 A.M.  He was very insistent and ran to the nearest door when I let him out.  I didn't want to go out in the pasture behind him because it was cold out there with me in my nightgown, and anyhow, who wants to walk barefoot in the dewy pasture in the dark?  

When I got up and let Gabe out of the kennel cage the last time, he ran to the door again; this time it was daylight, and I reluctantly followed him.  Finally I witnessed the event and saw that things were back to normal.  Now I'm wondering if he really needed to go out last night, or was he just bored.

I'm sorry for the boring details, non-dog lovers.  If it makes you feel any better, Cliff won't enjoy this entry either, and he's liable to make fun of me.

That's OK; I make fun of him sometimes, too.

7 comments:

  1. Tell Cliff some people find it funny as hell when a grown man actually names a car!! See, we all have our quirks!! :-) And please take poor doggie to the vet.... and please let him out when he's telling you he has to go poop because he's sick. Can you even imagine not going to sit on the toilet when you have the flu & feel like you're going to have diarrhea...regardless of the time of day or night?! I mean, jeez! ~Andrea XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found the problem. There were bugs in his dog food, even though I kept the container tightly sealed. He's fine now, but he refused to eat his dog food this morning, and when I inspected it, there were bugs. So he figured out what made him sick before I did. I borrowed some of the grandson's dog food to last until I get more, and Gabe ate like he was starving. It's a premium dog food, so I don't think it will upset his belly.

      Delete
  2. I had a dog well before the internet and blogging so I understand why people blog about them. My personal belief is if I read a post that I don't care to read, I just move on. We can't write something to keep everyone happy all of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bugs in the dog food--yuck. Poor Gabe! I'm glad he's back to normal but you must be exhausted from lack of sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a cat person but I also like dogs. I enjoy hearing about your adventures with Gabe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Might still need a trip to the vet. If a dog has intestinal worms (maybe from the bugs) they might show in the stools, but can make a dog hungry cuz the intestinal worms are eating their food. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a mess you have gone through! And Gabe too!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!