Saturday, January 07, 2012

One last switchboard entry

I found an excellent article online that explains simply and in detail how a switchboard works.  Click HERE to read it.  
So I found out that the things I called "drops" were actually called "drop shutters", but I noticed in the article they were called drops at one point.  The plugs were indeed called plugs, so I had that right.  There's a guy actually selling old switchboard parts to collectors; you'll find his site HERE.

1 comment:


Your folks had an enormous responsibility to the community. AMAZING history. And to think you were part of it all, growing up. This is so-oo neat. ENJOYED the extra read about it, too. Your memory served you well. Better than you thought about what's what. Isn't it interesting the things that folks collect. But these switchboards are truly part of Americana.