Monday, January 30, 2012

Zoom in on Gratitude: 30 day challenge

INSPIRING PERSON

Meet Susan Niebur.  Her blog is called Toddler Planet.  
Since discovering the Internet in 1998, and the wonderful blogosphere a few years later, I have rubbed shoulders with some admirable people.  I've watched several bloggers tell about their struggles with cancer and I've watched some of them finally lose the battle.  I sometimes wonder if people in such a circumstance get tired of being called brave, since they really have no choice but to face the demon and trudge forward.  
But I'm telling you, Susan is brave.  She's been fighting the beast for several years, using every trick she knows to see that others don't have to travel that same road.  She has stressed the positive with each word she enters into her blog.  Whenever I visit her little home on cyberspace, I come away a better person.  This woman gives me reason to be thankful... not because she has cancer and I don't, but because she has found some way to count her blessings throughout this whole terrible ordeal.  
Hospice has been called in.  We all know what that means.  I don't know if Susan will be able to do any more entries in her blog.   
I just want you to know that she is a hero.  She fights the good fight with grace and courage.  I'm pretty sure she won't mind my passing along a snippet of her wisdom:  

"All that survives after our death are publications and people.
So look carefully after the words you write, the thoughts and publications you create, and how you love others.  For these are the only things that will remain."

That's it for my daily entry as I participate in the Thirty day challenge.  
My daughter is doing this little exercise too; my readers will be very familiar with her inspiring person.

7 comments:

  1. That little snippet from her writings has me thinking that her words will live on for a very long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are right about goats but sister told me she wanted goats. i didn't think she really knew what she was saying but couldn't resist causing brother clayton some grief.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry about facebook mix up. i never cared much for face book but want to keep up with some family that wont blog so just use janet's or baqrbara. After she died I found she had two face book. I think she probably lost her pass word and opened a new one under barbara but not sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Words live on, tis true. This lovely lady has put up a noble fight. That she touched so many lives is testimony to her character. Thank you for introducing me to her and her story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went to her blog and started reading. I'm still reading. What a wonderful gift she's giving us with her words. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've read her blog from time to time, but it hits me too hard right now. I can't deal with too much cancer in my life, you know. I agree with you though; she's a hero.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Margaret, I fully understand why you would be uncomfortable reading her blog at this time.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!