Friday, November 14, 2008

various old pictures

I don't have any real interesting blog material this morning, so I'll share some ancient pictures I have scanned and stored on my computer.
My mom's Aunt Nellie. I don't know for sure what side of Mother's family tree she's on; but I've milked many a cow in my time, and I can tell you that's a very gentle animal that doesn't have to be put in a stanchion and given grain to keep it from walking away.
My mom and her siblings, with their mom looking on at the left. I wish Mother hadn't written on the front of the picture. As a child, I thought it very strange that baby boys wore dresses in the olden days. This must have been taken before my Uncle Leo was born.

Keziah Allen, my dad's grandmother (I think).


On the back of this picture it says, "Bud Allen and Uncle John Allen". This tells me they're in my dad's family tree somewhere; that's all I know.

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful old pictures you have.
    How times have changed. Have a great Friday! 'On Ya'-ma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that a buggy inside behind the cow and look at the fancy curtain in the house window. Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to look at old photos. My Mother's dad was an Allen. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, LOVE these old pictures! One of my mother's grandmothers was an Allen. Your dad's Allens weren't from Kentucky, were they? Granny Keziah must be wearing her best bonnet in that picture.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!