Sunday, November 09, 2008

So, I was just thinking....

The Guy, over at Astoria Oregon Rust posted this statement in today's post: "I find it amazing that there aren’t more references in popular music to computers or anything technological. Think about it, through the history of popular music songs have been written about the objects of human passion. Songs have been written about dancing, cars, trucks, love, trains, horses, but rarely is there ever a song about computers, e-mail or the internet."

I emailed him a wav of me singing a song I wrote for my Internet friends a few years back. Of course, that really isn't about the computer or the Internet... it's about the people I met via the Internet, though. That's close, right?

So now I'm slightly challenged to write a love song to my computer and share the words with my readers. Notice I said "slightly", which means I probably won't.

Or I might dig through over a thousand poems I've written and pick out the ones that are Internet related. There are several, since many of them were written during my chat room addiction days.

Never mind. That involves too much effort too. Maybe I'll just go for a horseback ride.

2 comments:

  1. I would love to see your 'Ode to the Computer'. Maybe you'll think of one along the way. Enjoy that horseback ride! 'On Ya'-ma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh come on Mosie record it while you're riding. You can get one of those little thingys that you talk into. I'm sure it would be a good song.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!