Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Oh, look!

It's the building I talked about in a previous entry.


322 S. Ohio Avenue - Trust Building

The centerpiece of Downtown Sedalia. The turrets of this Romanesque Revival style building constructed from Warrensburg sandstone carve an eye-catching sculpture against the Sedalia skyline. Originally built to house the Missouri Trust Co., the structure was dedicated in June 1889. Two fires in 1997 severely damaged the top floor of the building. It now is in the possession of the Pettis County Commission and is being restored under the direction of a not-for-profit redevelopment corporation.

Thanks, Lori, for the find!

The information can be found HERE.



4 comments:

  1. I just love the internet. You can find just about anything. Good find ! 'On Ya'-ma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad they are restoring the building. It's a fabulous building.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great building. We just had a big flap here in town as the hospital wanted to tear down a historic building for more parking spaces! They didn't get away with it thankfully!

    Cliff and my Dad would get along so well! Dad is always working on the equipment, welding parts back on, adding things, keeping everything in good shape, changing the oil, fixing rust spots, you name it.

    Yes, I'm trying not to relapse but it's hard when you see so much around that needs to be done plus taking care of Mom. My sister is coming today and tomorrow so that will help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're very welcome. I'm glad I could locate it. Actually that whole site was really interesting. I spent a few minutes on it.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!