Monday, November 17, 2008

More details about our barn... from Cliff

When Cliff read the previous entry, he remembered some things I had forgotten: The wood for the frame of the barn came out of a 24' by 24' garage that Cliff tore down with the help of an alcoholic co-worker of his (not in any of the pictures below); to repay him for the help, Cliff overhauled the engine of an old '49 or '50 Chevy pickup.

Because the garage Cliff tore down was 24' by 24', that determined the floor space of the barn.

We bought the poles from the local electric company; at that time they sold used poles for fifty cents a foot (Cliff says that was a lot of money for us to have to pay at the time).

Cliff's boss's son, Tom, isn't in any of those pictures, but he built the whole front of the barn, including the letter "W" that stands for our last name.

5 comments:

  1. Loved reading the history of your barn. I love barns in general, just born right in me. Spent many, many happy hours playing in our big old barn back home, jumping in the hay which was not baled but loose and swinging from ropes from the rafters. Amazing that I didn't break my neck! I agree with you, I like to go cash and not have a lot of credit debt. It's going to be the ruin of our country if we don't get all this debt straightened out. So many people around here are up to their eyeballs in credit card debt. Thankfully Son and DIL don't believe in it either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shalom:
    I just read about your sweet potote cassrole on Yellow Brick Road. I must tell you, it is my flavorite Thanksgiving dish. After my mum's stroke, I had to learn how to make it. So, if you decide to make it this year and have leftovers, you can send them my way. My hubby and I will gladly finish them off for you...
    Laini

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Cliff for finishing the story for us....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:40 PM

    HOW DO YOU EASILY GET YOUR PHOTOS INTO THE ENTRY?
    loisontheweb@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:42 PM

    HOW DO YOU EASILY GET YOUR PHOTOS INTO YOUR ENTRIES?
    loisontheweb@aol.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!